Santa is Coming to Town

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by EdMac, Dec 18, 2005.

1. In the spirit of the season, I thought that I would share this. Our Fire Company brings Santa to town, and rides him through the community. Here are a couple of shots of them coming up my street. It was overcast, and I had to shoot into the sun. Merry Christmas.:smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Ed, nice captures.

So, whats the Hummer H1 used for by the FD? Interesting roll bars etc.

Regards,

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Ed,
    Was that with the new camera :>)))))))

Congratulations on that new tool.

Nice shots.

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours :>)))

4. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Good shots!

5. Hummer

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your comments. The Hummer is a brush truck. It is used to fight field and forest fires.You can't take a truck with 500 or 1000 gallons of water off road. The Hummer lets us attack those off road situations until the State Forest Fire Service can arrive on the scene. The piping is really to allow the truck to break through small trees and other growth. They are not roll bars. :smile:

6. New Toy

Yes the camera was the D200. I received mine on Friday. It is an awesome camera.

7. Thanks Ken. I am still gettingfamiliar with the new D200.:redface:

8. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Nice shots Ed,Great you got yourr Xmas gift D200 already:D.
    Merry Christmas to you&your family .

9. New Toy

Hi Rathika,

I was very fortunate to get the D200 last Friday. It is a great camera, and it is going to take me a while to get comfortable with it. It works well with the 80-400 VR, and is quite useable up to 800 ISO. This should make it good for bird photography. Thanks for your comments, and Merry Christmas to you and your family.:smile:

10. Ed...this must have brought great joy to the little ones to see Santa before xmas lol...:)

11. Joy to Little Ones

Hi Melissa,

They really do enjoy it. We send Santa out all day to cover every street in town. If we don't we get aa lot of phone calls from parents. We used to host Santa at the Fire House, but the town has grown to the point of making that impractical. Thanks for your coment, and have a Hapy Holiday.:smile:

12. Fun images Ed. Santa looks good atop the fire engine.

13. Santa

Hi Gordon,

You might say that he matches the color scheme lol.:smile: It is a fun time for all concerned.