Sassafras glow

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bob Coutant, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Every year, our sassafras trees put on a special display, but it lasts for only a couple of days. We’ve had wind and rain this week that I thought might have driven the leaves from the trees. When the rain finally stopped yesterday afternoon, I went out and stood there waiting for a little sunshine to peek through the broken clouds. Not quite as good as last year, but it's what I got.

[​IMG]

Here’s a closer view showing color development in individual leaves.

DSC_0817sm.

Note: Except for about 10% saturation boost and sharpening after downsize, these are essentially “out of the camera”.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    ohhhhhh Nice Nice colors.....(to play with) hee hee..lol

Great image.
    Good job.

3. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Hi Gale,
    I'm glad I got them when I did -- it's raining again today and the temperature is very un-Florida like. Thanks for looking.

4. Great composition on the first image. sure looks like it was a nice day and the color is great!
    Dave

5. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks Dave. It's just one of those fleeting moments in time -- I never get tired of it.

6. Beautiful burst of color on this striking image. Thanks for sharing.

7. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks Gordon, I just wish I could claim some credit for it -- it's all mother nature's doing.

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Ooooh, I LOVE that first one! Composition and color are amazing...I can't wait until our leaves begin changing...right now it's just a little color here and a little color there...Thanks so much for sharing...

9. Great warm and vibrant colors on the first picture.

10. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Leigh, if you like color, here's another sassafras blowing in the wind.
    [​IMG]

BTW: I was intrigued by the results of the portraiture session -- there is a world of difference between the people photos by you and Patrick from before and after that session. I hope you will be sharing some of your secrets.