Saturday D2X Owls

Well..they were a fair piece further away t day but I did manage to catch a few in flight and looking...

These shots by the way were taken at two differnt times at a slightly different agle to the sun. Interestingly the WB worked out to the same on both in NC, yet it looks a bit diferent....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 5891

I stood out there in one spot (without taking a you know what) for 4 .3 hours today. At one point, I had four owls feeding in close proximity and I've got what I think may turn out to be some pissa harrier shots which I'll get to later on.

We're supposed to have rain / snow on and off for the next 8 straight days so I wanted to make the most of it.

Absolutely wonderful shots Jim.... :lol:

I assume that these were shot with the D2X and 200-400VR, right?

All I can say is WOW!! Your long, bladder-straining wait was well worth it.... :wink:

Regards,

Frank

G

Gordon Large

Hey Jim -

These are sensational images. I love the way these guys look you over as they fly by. As an ex-Mass. resident, I'm really curious where you find these guys.

And Jeff -

Get it over with. You know you are going to get the D2x eventually, so you might as well get it now and start enjoying it. Just think "8". Apologies to readers who don't understand the importance of "8" to Jeff and me.

Gordon

Gordon,

OK, what with '8'.... 8)

Frank

Gordon Large said:
Hey Jim -

These are sensational images. I love the way these guys look you over as they fly by. As an ex-Mass. resident, I'm really curious where you find these guys.

And Jeff -

Get it over with. You know you are going to get the D2x eventually, so you might as well get it now and start enjoying it. Just think "8". Apologies to readers who don't understand the importance of "8" to Jeff and me.

Gordon

JC

Jim,

As I also said in the "dark forum," these are nothing less than beautiful. I think you're doing just fine without the 500. (Although you might want to hear "Just think of how utterly awesome they would have been with the 500.")

Gordon and Jeff,

I'll also bite: what's with "8"?

Joel

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom