Saturday Late Afternoon D2X Harrier

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by jfenton, Mar 5, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    ISO 800...no in camera noise reduction. Very late and SWEET lighting!

original.

Man..am I ever having fun with thse birds. Both the owls and the harriers are hunting together!

2. Man are your ever finding some sweet shots and as you say the lighting was excellent also. Good job.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Now now you see why I'm so addicted to these guys. Another nice shot Jim.... :wink:

Frank

4. Very cool shot!! :D

5. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Sweet is right! another excellent shot. Would like to see 100% crop of the bird on this one.
    regards

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful evening color.

Great shot.

Cheers
    Gale

7. Jim, what was the ISO for that shot, and did you have to adjust levels very much? The reason I ask is that
    I'm seeing more noise in the d2x samples presented so far than I would have expected.

8. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Uncle Frank...

ISO 800...in camera noise reduction was set to OFF. I had tried a couple of shots earlier with it ON, however it slowed down the shooting speed significantly.

There was no more processing required that I normally do. This took probably 2 minutes in NC to process.

I could have benefited by having another +0.3 or so...but it's tough to adjust that quickly when the birds are in really tight and swinging through so many different lighting situations. It;s much easier, for me at least, if they're further out and not 50' away.

I applied no noise reduction during post.

9. Crop about 100 pixels in from the right (symmetrical referenced to the upper wing) and you've got a winner there.

Jeez, you're coming up with some spectacular stuff lately, Jim.

Time to go pro.

Ron