Saturday Late Afternoon D2X Harrier

ISO 800...no in camera noise reduction. Very late and SWEET lighting!

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Man..am I ever having fun with thse birds. Both the owls and the harriers are hunting together!

Now now you see why I'm so addicted to these guys. Another nice shot Jim.... :wink:

Frank

Jim, what was the ISO for that shot, and did you have to adjust levels very much? The reason I ask is that
I'm seeing more noise in the d2x samples presented so far than I would have expected.

Uncle Frank...

ISO 800...in camera noise reduction was set to OFF. I had tried a couple of shots earlier with it ON, however it slowed down the shooting speed significantly.

There was no more processing required that I normally do. This took probably 2 minutes in NC to process.

I could have benefited by having another +0.3 or so...but it's tough to adjust that quickly when the birds are in really tight and swinging through so many different lighting situations. It;s much easier, for me at least, if they're further out and not 50' away.

I applied no noise reduction during post.

Crop about 100 pixels in from the right (symmetrical referenced to the upper wing) and you've got a winner there.

Jeez, you're coming up with some spectacular stuff lately, Jim.

Time to go pro.

Ron

Latest threads

Top Bottom