Saturday Morning at the Little Rock Zoo

Discussion in 'Birds' started by socrreferee, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Thought I would post a few. It was a gorgous day & the place was crowded
    The baby is just a few months old. Mom looks happy
    These two guys were butting each other with their heads

As always comments are welcome
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2007
  2. Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Very pretty set Mark. :smile:
  3. Wonderful! The Mom and baby gorillas brought a big smile! Very nice series!
  4. Frank & Dianne,
    Thanks for the kind remarks. The zoo is having a photo contest & I thought of entering these. If you have any time I would be interested in any critiques or recommendations that you may have. I'm alwys trying to learn so I can get better.
  5. Hiya mark! I don't like to say anything about something I don't know enough about. My only thing is why is the Gorilla picture so blue? Can any of that be corrected? - That would be my choice to enter into a contest. It's so tender coming from such powerful animals. Perhaps you could try some different processing techniques if you shot in RAW. There's people on the forum that are far better than me to help on this. I just happen to like the Mom and baby the best - guess cause I'm a Mom too.
  6. Great series. What type of bird is that last one ? I do not believe I have seen one like that before.
  7. Dianne,
    You're correct they do look blue. I really didn't notice it before. Thanks. I'll see what I can do in Aperture to clean it up.
    I've showed several friens the series that I have at my smugmug account & while each person picked a couple of different oictures - they all agreed that the Mother & baby gorilla were their favorite.
    Thanks for your input
  8. Warren,
    I have absolutely no idea. The zoo has a "tropical rain forest" area. I was walking through it and this guy was looking at me through some the leafs. I looked around for a placard or sign that had the birds picture on it, but didn't see anything.