Saturday morning soccer

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by greyflash, Nov 12, 2005.

1. During a visit with my grandkids in San Diego I had fun at a soccer game. My granddaughter Anna plays for the Quicksilver team. Here she is in action.

Collision Course:

Two Girls - One Ball:

Deserved Break:

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Those are nice snaps, Gordon. She looks as though she is quite the competitor. I would have enjoyed seeing if they ran into one another was depicted in the first image.

3. Thanks Frank, your right on #1, I should have given at least one more exposure to see what happened. To tell the truth, I don't even remember as it happened so fast and I had my camera in my face. A burst of three would have done the trick I'm sure.

4. stm69

stm69

Aug 10, 2005
    Great snaps, I really like the second one. Don't forget to tell her to lower her shoulder just a tad for the incoming player next time :smile: Extra space for manuvering never hurts! How far approximately away were you from the action, and with what lens?

Thanks!

Sam

5. Thanks Sam. The shots were mid-field and I was using a 70-200mm lens.

6. Gordon,
    These shots are really nice. You did a great job capturing the action.
    I'm about to give up on soccer photography. I took some shots again this weekend, but the harsh, Florida sun at midday is really killing me!

7. There is no question that early morning games photograph better. We have lots of harsh sun here in St. George as well, like almost every day of the year.