Saturday Sunrise~Ocean

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by jfenton, Aug 6, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I was up early (I'm getting into another of those sleep deprived modes) and garabbed a few sunrise shots.....the clouds were rather nice this morning...

Here is one...

And before someone comments that there is a halo on the edge of the rocks....I used NO SHARPENING, in camera or otherwise. Hmmmmmmm

original.

2. Jim - you lucky dog! Wish I could get my horizons that straight.

Any idea what is causing the halo on the rocks?

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jim,
    the halo off the rocks is light reflection.. Especially since it is so damp and the water must also add to it.

The image is wonderful.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    WOW...look at the reflection on the water! Great capture, Jim. The cloud detail is fantastic.....

5. I hope Jim you get more deprived of sleep, that way you will be able to get even better shots.

6. What a beautiful way to start the day! Nice shot, Jim!

7. Looks like you have some dust bunnies on your sensor. Just kidding! :lol: :lol: Nice colors on this sunrise Jim and your have captured it well.

8. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hey Gordon

I just woke up from a short nap and I believed you about the dust bunnies..until I bothered to read on :)

9. Jim very nice beautiful cloud formations, I thin the halos are just from the high contrast between the rocks and the sky..Just my .02's but it might only be worth .01's