Saturdays boys shots

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Tiem for the boys games from Saturday all shot with the D2X and the 300 2.8 with 1.4 tele
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice Mike, the isolation of the players is wonderful. I assume that these are going on the F8 site for sale and I'd bet that a ton of your shots are being sold. Excellant shooting as always Mike. Thanks for sharing.

3. Great shots. Love the action.

4. Stunning stuff as always Mike! Like most, I appreciate your posts as it's help me to improve my craft as well.

Cheers

5. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Very very Nice
    Thanks for sharing.

6. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Just as I suspected...all great !

7. Again...WOW. Couple questions... Have you used the 1.4 tele with the 70-200 and if so are the results good? I have the 70-200 and would love the 300 2.8 but not in my immediate future so thought about adding a converter. You seem to shoot a lot of your events in light that many (those of us like me with limited skill) would struggle with either blowing out the background or underexposing and you seem to have perfected your exposure. Do you do much PP after the shots?

8. Thanks Frank yes there are I shot 16 halfs of lax on Saturday averaging 300 plus pictures per 24 minute half

9. Thanks so much Bob

10. Peter
    Thanks we all learn form the posts here on the Cafe

11. Thanks for lookign and commenting MArk

12. Thanks so much Rod

13. I have used that combo but the AF is a little slow but still acceptable
    When shooting sports a lot of time you have to shoot in difficult situations.
    I try to get it right in the camera because when shooting large volume of shots one doesnt not have time to work on them in post. I have some actions written for sharpening and resizing so I literally spend about 30 seconds per image in post. Some shots i might do a slight levels adjustment so add and additional 30 seconds.

14. Again, outstanding work! Every time I walk my dogs around my local park and see a game going on, I think of you and your outstanding ability to capture the action. You inspire me to try my hand at sports shooting.

15. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Thanks Mike for sharing. You always bring excellent stuff to the table.....and like Peter, I appreciate the post as I learn from them.

-Raul

16. Always like your sports shots Mike and these are no exception.