Saturday's edition of "April in the D"

Here are a few from Saturday's gem, a one hitter by Brad Penny, while it was sunny and 71 degrees in "THE D".

1 - Base hit
2581104230001_white_sox_vs_tigers-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 - Brad Penny
2581104230009_white_sox_vs_tigers-L.jpg

3 - Peralta swings and misses, I think he was WAY out in front of this one
2581104230031_white_sox_vs_tigers-L.jpg

4 - Ozzie doesn't look pleased.
2581104230032_white_sox_vs_tigers-L.jpg

5 - a bunt single
2581104230036_white_sox_vs_tigers-L.jpg

6 - the throw that turned into the one hit against Brad Penny, argument or not, it was a hit
2581104230061_white_sox_vs_tigers-L.jpg

7 - I know this is an odd viewing angle, but Inge is safe at the plate
2581104230055_white_sox_vs_tigers-L.jpg

Steve -

Great shots! There the next best thing to being there!

The Tigers are having a good April. Do you think Cleveland and KC can stay in for the long haul? I'd like to see the Tigers hang in there and give Minnesota a run for their money. Should be a fun summer in the AL Central.

Steve -

Great shots! There the next best thing to being there!

The Tigers are having a good April. Do you think Cleveland and KC can stay in for the long haul? I'd like to see the Tigers hang in there and give Minnesota a run for their money. Should be a fun summer in the AL Central.

Thanks Kevin.
I don't know of anyone that expects Cleveland or KC to stay on top for long, or to have Minnesota in the basement either. That's why they play all 162 games, or 163 as the case may be in the AL Central 2 of the last three years. :smile:

I wouldnt call it an odd viewing angle. I think it is a great capture.

Thanks Daryl, it seemed odd once I looked at it that we're seeing the play through the umpire's legs, but that does frame it well doesn't it?

well done Steve....

Thanks Chris, that sure beat the cold rain of Friday night for sure.

AWESOME shots!

Thanks Arnold!

Thanks Kevin.

Thanks Daryl, it seemed odd once I looked at it that we're seeing the play through the umpire's legs, but that does frame it well doesn't it?

Definitely framed it perfect. Although it may be more considerate of the umpire to move to the left so you can shoot! I mean, it worked out well this time but his butt could block out something important next time. :biggrin:

Thanks Kevin.
I don't know of anyone that expects Cleveland or KC to stay on top for long, or to have Minnesota in the basement either. That's why they play all 162 games, or 163 as the case may be in the AL Central 2 of the last three years. :smile:

It's Pete, not Kevin. No biggi. The KF in my username sometimes throws people off. :biggrin:

Great, GREAT shots...

Actually, while KC may not stay at the top for long this year, I think they are primed for a pretty good run. Their farm system looks stacked.

Nice set Steve. That shot through the umpires legs worked out just fine. Nice shot of Ozzie, I have not seen him look pleased very often.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom