Save The Date

Judy and Dennis will marry early next year. We had a session today to create a Save The Date card... something that folks will pin on their fridge to remind them of the upcoming event.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Since they're a mature couple, they asked for a shot with a vintage look. Here's a mockup of their STD card.

Real Name
Dave Talboys
Very nice, Frank! 1,3, & 4 are my favorites. They will be very happy! I shot a wedding last year for a mature couple. It was a wonderful affair with lots of grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Frank,

I can see the photos fine.
I like them all except the vintage shot for the card.
In that one, I find their expressions too severe and a little scary, but then I don't know the couple.
You captured their great smiles; that's the image I'd want on the card and in peoples' minds in advance of their wedding.

Frank,

I can see the photos fine.
I like them all except the vintage shot for the card.
In that one, I find their expressions too severe and a little scary, but then I don't know the couple.
You captured their great smiles; that's the image I'd want on the card and in peoples' minds in advance of their wedding.
The idea is to come up with something that's eyecatching. Does this one work better for you? Yeah, I know that many on the forum will consider selective color to be cheesy... but to non-photographers it seems like magic.

Thanks for the feedback, folks. I'll report back on the clients' choice. Since the theme of their wedding is "a vintage affair", and since they are both theatrical performers, I have a feeling they'll prefer the grim image over the happy faces.

Real Name
Dave Talboys
Thanks for the feedback, folks. I'll report back on the clients' choice. Since the theme of their wedding is "a vintage affair", and since they are both theatrical performers, I have a feeling they'll prefer the grim image over the happy faces.
...and now the rest of the story :wink: The fact that they are theatrical performers, makes perfect sense for the first Save the Date card. I'm sure they will be very happy. I love the theme too, I'll bet it will be a fun time! Are you going to shoot the wedding as well?

...and now the rest of the story :wink: The fact that they are theatrical performers, makes perfect sense for the first Save the Date card. I'm sure they will be very happy. I love the theme too, I'll bet it will be a fun time! Are you going to shoot the wedding as well?
I haven't sent them a quote yet, but that's the plan.

I like the B/W and faces
I agree on selective color. many clients love it.. think it is "magic"
we do what they like..

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom