1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

    If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Save us from ourselves

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by threecats, Sep 24, 2008.

  1. Reading the obligatory warnings of product misuse makes me want to laugh out loud and then cry. My oldest daughter wasted a JD she could have used drafting these words of wisdom.

    Case in point. New LG cell phone on my ATT new every two perk. Page one:

    "Never place your phone in a microwave oven as it will cause the battery to explode."

    Feel free to help extend the lives of others on the cafe with other cautions we so blindly rush past.

  2. PeteZ28


    Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    I love these. It only means some idiot was dumb enough to do that in the past!!!

  3. I guess it's oh as long as you remove the battery first
  4. PeteZ28


    Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    LOL I envision a phone being dropped into a pool at some time just prior to the microwave incident...
  5. It is probably trying to sway people from breaking their phone in an untraceable way to get a new one. I like the warning on ladders telling you not to stand on the top platform.
  6. I feel they should remove warning labels from everything and let nature takes its course. People shouldn't be able to sue these companies because they are an idiot.
  7. PJohnP


    Feb 5, 2005
    I had one of those automobile folding sunshades to use to keep the car cool that said in big letters, "Do not drive with sunshade under front windshield".

    John P.
  8. Lurker


    Jul 21, 2007
    My son's rubber ducky: "this is not a life saving device"
  9. Isn't that what the Darwin Award is all about? :biggrin:

  10. dj addicted

    dj addicted

    Apr 15, 2008
    I dont know if it is still there or not, but on McDonalds coffee cups, it would say, "caution, contents is hot". And they had to put that on there because some lady spilled coffee on herself in her car and sued McDonalds because the coffee was hot and burned her.
  11. right. The water heaters I install now are three times more complex and almost worthless sshould you get an inch of water in basement. All to help the people who store gasoline next to tank to reproduce.
  12. PeteZ28


    Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    Been beat to death here a few times, but the nutshell version is McD's was in competition for "hottest coffee" with BK, and at the time the woman burned herself the coffee was being served at 190*F. At those temperatures, 3rd degree burns are near instant (and 6% of her body was covered with them). Any establishment stupid enough to hand cups of near boiling coffee out of a window to people in cars that have half their body directly exposed to spillage deserves a multi-million dollar lawsuite.

    The way I see it, McDonalds won their own Darwin award for being so reckless and irresponsable.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.