Saved by PS CS2

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by manzico, Sep 8, 2005.

1. I've tried to process these images for about a year. The problem was that the exposure time was so long, 3 and 2 minutes respectively, that there was just too much sensor noise in them for me to be satisfied. Well I just opened them for the first time in CS2 with ACR and the noise problem has melted away. A little PP and this is the result:

original.

original.

I couldn't be happier. I've refrained from taking any really long exposures since then because of the noise issue, but now I feel free to do so again. I'll have to play around in NC4 a little more to see if I can get similar results doing my first stage of processing there.

Dave

2. I like that yellow color in #1 on the top of a rock on the left and in #2 the tree on the right that give a very nice touch to the pictures.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOW Sure glad you saved them. Great images.
    Color is wonderful.

Good job.

4. yellow color...

The yellow comes from the mercury lamps (I think they were mercury lamps) that provide the outdoor lighting at the canyon. In the second shot you see the tree and a few folks standing out there looking over the edge. This was late at night (I'm not at home right now so I can't check the time stamp, but I think it was after 10PM) and other than the moonlight, it was very dark out there.

Dave

5. updated shots

I like the shots as is... they're very surreal, daylight like, but something is off; however, I've decided to process them for a more "night like" feel. Here's what I got:

original.

original.

What do you think?

Dave

6. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Glad you did not give up on images, they all look outstanding to me.
    Neil

7. Very nice images of a beautiful area. Whatever noise you had you were able to recover nicely. Way to go.