Saved by PS CS2

I've tried to process these images for about a year. The problem was that the exposure time was so long, 3 and 2 minutes respectively, that there was just too much sensor noise in them for me to be satisfied. Well I just opened them for the first time in CS2 with ACR and the noise problem has melted away. A little PP and this is the result:

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

I couldn't be happier. I've refrained from taking any really long exposures since then because of the noise issue, but now I feel free to do so again. I'll have to play around in NC4 a little more to see if I can get similar results doing my first stage of processing there.

Dave

I like that yellow color in #1 on the top of a rock on the left and in #2 the tree on the right that give a very nice touch to the pictures.

yellow color...

The yellow comes from the mercury lamps (I think they were mercury lamps) that provide the outdoor lighting at the canyon. In the second shot you see the tree and a few folks standing out there looking over the edge. This was late at night (I'm not at home right now so I can't check the time stamp, but I think it was after 10PM) and other than the moonlight, it was very dark out there.

Dave

updated shots

I like the shots as is... they're very surreal, daylight like, but something is off; however, I've decided to process them for a more "night like" feel. Here's what I got:

original.jpg

original.jpg

What do you think?

Dave

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom