Saw a new bird today (3 pics)

This 1st one kinda looks like a Cedar Waxwing, but I don't think it is. Sure did sing a lot! All shots done w/D2X/200-400VR in HSC mode, RAW, sRGB, @ISO 400, Center Weighted, f4.5, Exp Comp +1/3, Hue +3.
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've seen this little guy around, but don't know what it is either.
original.jpg

And finally, the ubiquitus Mourning Dove
original.jpg

Wonderful pics Steve. ;-) You are really getting to know the new X well. I hope Janet will help with the ID of these. I looked in all of my books and can't come up with the species.

Regards,

Frank

Hi Steven,
The first one is a Tufted Titmouse. The second is a Dark Eyed Junco, and the last is a Dove. See Janet has been tutoring me, Have a nice evening.

--Ed--
BTW, nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. :)

Good job Patrick and Ed. I only looked in the Jay sections. :?

Should have been more open minded.... :lol:

Frank

Nice shots seen you got the Id's already, a suggestion what I have done is take fallen branches and tied them to the feeders and railings as perches for the birds to stop in on the way in and out of the feeders that way you get more natural looking shots not much work but the dividends are great.

Secrets

mike mac said:
Nice shots seen you got the Id's already, a suggestion what I have done is take fallen branches and tied them to the feeders and railings as perches for the birds to stop in on the way in and out of the feeders that way you get more natural looking shots not much work but the dividends are great.

Darn Mike, you are giving away the secrets. Don't tell them about putting peanut butter on some of those branches lol :D :D :wink:

BTW, we ought to be thinking about Bombay Hook soon.

Thnx for the ID's guys,

So, A Tufted Titmouse, and a Dark Eyed Junco, eh? Wow, never heard of either one. You know, I bought a Sibley's, but haven't a clue as to where it is. Thanks for the branches idea AND the peanut butter too. Right now, I'm just sprinkling feed all over my built in deck bench, even though I have one single feeder, and there is a tree only 15 ft away, but I do like the branch idea!

To think, I captured an image of a "Titmouse"!

PhotoDawg said:
Great shots Steve!! Thank you, I really enjoyed those!! :) :) :) :)
Who'da thunk it! :oops: I will say, it was singing up a storm, when I was out on the deck getting ready to shoot the evening goose flyout, but missed it! :(
Edit: yesterday, I was all set to shoot the flyout, and when I squeezed the cable release, nothing happened! The d@mn Timer was on from a previous shot I did indoors! I hate when that happens!

Latest threads

Top Bottom