Sax Man

This is Carl Lewis, who I had the pleasure of hearing play in Melbourne, FL. Very cool sax man!

SaxMan32019-3bw-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking!

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
There is a good argument for taking a position somewhat to the left, thus removing the edge of the win dow and moving the sax more into the center of the image.

There is a good argument for taking a position somewhat to the left, thus removing the edge of the win dow and moving the sax more into the center of the image.
That is a great argument, Lew! I knew this wasn't the best, but I liked the guy so much I posted anyways. It was more of a quick snap, and that edge is driving me crazy!

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
I know that moving to catch a quickly dissolving situation isn't always possible.
Getting rid of the distractions makes for a more dynamic shot imo.

upload_2019-3-25_12-40-46.png

Nice conversion! Nice light on the tenor saxophone, too.
Thanks so much, Mike!
I know that moving to catch a quickly dissolving situation isn't always possible.
Getting rid of the distractions makes for a more dynamic shot imo.

View attachment 1634884
I'm with you 100%, Lew! I actually thought about getting rid of the line, but too many elements and not enough sleep were the determining factors!

Great b&w image, Dossy!
You really captured the mood. If you really listen, you can definitely hear his play.

Real Name
Andy
If the bell of the tenor sax didn't overlap the window column, it would be easy to remove it and clone in some of the other blurred backround elements. As shot, it could be done with the use of smart objects. Might be worth the effort since the image is clearly a moment worth preserving.

Great b&w image, Dossy!
You really captured the mood. If you really listen, you can definitely hear his play.
Thank you Bart! He really was good!
If the bell of the tenor sax didn't overlap the window column, it would be easy to remove it and clone in some of the other blurred backround elements. As shot, it could be done with the use of smart objects. Might be worth the effort since the image is clearly a moment worth preserving.
Thanks Andy! This has now become a challenge. When I get home later tonight, I'm gonna give it my best shot (pun intended!) :nailbiting:

I couldn't wait til later! This is my new version.....(y) or (n)

SaxMan32019-3-1bw-XL.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom