Sax-Zim Bog Furry- Pine Marten

I have been taking a lot of photos over the past year. I'm just not too good at getting them processed and ready to share.
A lot of photographers were lucky enough to observe and photograph this animal this past winter. It was a first for me. When I arrived at the bog it was -20. After it warmed to 0, I stood out for nearly 4 hours to get about 10 minutes watching and photographing this delightful creature.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wow! What a nice set! #2 is nice - but they all are! And what IS this animal?
Thank you, Karen. It is a pine marten. They are larger than a pet ferret and just as bouncy. I found out from photographers in the area that he made daily appearances at a bird feeding station. The problem was that times varied.

Real Name
Dan
It's crazy what some of us will go through for a shot. You made good use of a great opportunity. No 4 is really excellent with the eye contact and claws visible. Well done.

Wow! I've never seen or heard of this adorable animal, and I thank you for the time you took in those cold temps. So absolutely worth it!
Thanks, dossy. I was after great gray owls. I didn't even see one this trip. I was NOT expecting to be able to see, let alone photograph, a pine marten. So, it was all good in the end. I was also able to get photos of a couple of bird species that I hadn't photographed as well.
It's crazy what some of us will go through for a shot. You made good use of a great opportunity. No 4 is really excellent with the eye contact and claws visible. Well done.
Thanks Dan. When that excitement kicks in you almost don't even notice what you went through. There were about 10 of us that hung around based on advice from a local. I feel bad for the Asian visitors who didn't hang around that day. Maybe they came back another day.
From my perspective your wait was worth it. Great shots of this little guy
Thank you, Bob. I feel that way as well. Although, it would have been nice to see the great gray owls again.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom