Say a little prayer

She will be turning 90 at end of the month. I asked her how she wanted to celebrate her birthday and all she wanted was to say a little prayer. This series is dedicated to her. Hope you like them.

All taken with my Nikon 28-70mm/2.8 in available light.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I am torn between these two versions. Which do you prefer?
#4 Colour or...

#5 ...B&W conversion

That is so nice Banhup. When someone reaches 90 they have been doing something right. Nice series of shots.
You are right Gordon. She must have done something right. I suppose a little prayer does help. Thanks for the comments.

Wow, very nice series Banhup. My fav is probably #3 and out of 4 and 5 I like 4 best.
Thanks Seth! Your selection is noted. I am glad you like this series.

Fabulous as always. I will say a prayer.
You are so kind Joshua! Thanks a lot.

Yet another excellent series ... love the richness of the color. She'll be in our prayers!!

Cheers!!

Ken
Thanks to you too, Ken!

Banhup,

enjoyed the pictures and the simple wisdom.

Nicely done.
Appreciated Maththias!

So fragile... but yet so strong. Excellent series Banhup.
Thank you Roy!

Excellent work as usual. I like #4 because the colors and warm skin tone add so much to the image. You have your processing dialed in so beautifully.

I hope to make it to 90.

Excellent work. Can't say which one I prefer over the others. You have this wonderful ability to capture the essence of a person in a portrait - a unique gift/talent. You've honoured her well.

These are great shots. You know we all could learn something from her, all she wanted was to say a little prayer not something that was bought with money. Maybe there is something to that she lived to be 90 with that simple thinking.

Sarah

Excellent work as usual. I like #4 because the colors and warm skin tone add so much to the image. You have your processing dialed in so beautifully.

I hope to make it to 90.
I hope to make to that age too so that I can start taking self portraits! :biggrin: Thanks Fred!

Excellent work. Can't say which one I prefer over the others. You have this wonderful ability to capture the essence of a person in a portrait - a unique gift/talent. You've honoured her well.
Thank you Sandi for the nice comments!

Excellent, as always. Love to see your work...........it's really great.
Thanks Chris! I hope to continue to share them with you and the Cafe's community.

These are great shots. You know we all could learn something from her, all she wanted was to say a little prayer not something that was bought with money. Maybe there is something to that she lived to be 90 with that simple thinking.

Sarah
I think so too. We all can do with less stress in our lives. This is one of the reasons why I have taken up this hobby. Thanks Sarah.

Banhup............. stunning portraits............ I have no preference for colour or B/W in the last image............ they both work for me! :cool:

G
They both look equally decent to me too, Graeme. The dilemma continues. :wink: Thanks Graeme!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom