Say a little prayer

Discussion in 'People' started by dtbh, Apr 13, 2007.

1. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    She will be turning 90 at end of the month. I asked her how she wanted to celebrate her birthday and all she wanted was to say a little prayer. This series is dedicated to her. Hope you like them.

All taken with my Nikon 28-70mm/2.8 in available light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am torn between these two versions. Which do you prefer?
    #4 Colour or...
    [​IMG]

#5 ...B&W conversion
    [​IMG]

2. That is so nice Banhup. When someone reaches 90 they have been doing something right. Nice series of shots.

3. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Wow, very nice series Banhup. My fav is probably #3 and out of 4 and 5 I like 4 best.

4. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Fabulous as always. I will say a prayer.

5. Yet another excellent series ... love the richness of the color. She'll be in our prayers!!

Cheers!!

Ken

6. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Banhup,

enjoyed the pictures and the simple wisdom.

Nicely done.

7. So fragile... but yet so strong. Excellent series Banhup.

8. Very moving images, thanks for sharing them and the wisdom. I like them all.

9. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    You are right Gordon. She must have done something right. I suppose a little prayer does help. Thanks for the comments.

Thanks Seth! Your selection is noted. I am glad you like this series.

You are so kind Joshua! Thanks a lot.

Thanks to you too, Ken!

Appreciated Maththias!

Thank you Roy!

10. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Geoff, it is always my pleasure to share. It is nice to note that you like all of them. Thanks!

11. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Excellent work as usual. I like #4 because the colors and warm skin tone add so much to the image. You have your processing dialed in so beautifully.

I hope to make it to 90.

12. Excellent work. Can't say which one I prefer over the others. You have this wonderful ability to capture the essence of a person in a portrait - a unique gift/talent. You've honoured her well.

13. Excellent, as always. Love to see your work...........it's really great.

14. These are great shots. You know we all could learn something from her, all she wanted was to say a little prayer not something that was bought with money. Maybe there is something to that she lived to be 90 with that simple thinking.

Sarah

15. Banhup............. stunning portraits............ I have no preference for colour or B/W in the last image............ they both work for me! :cool:

G

16. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    I hope to make to that age too so that I can start taking self portraits! :biggrin: Thanks Fred!

Thank you Sandi for the nice comments!

Thanks Chris! I hope to continue to share them with you and the Cafe's community.

I think so too. We all can do with less stress in our lives. This is one of the reasons why I have taken up this hobby. Thanks Sarah.

They both look equally decent to me too, Graeme. The dilemma continues. :wink: Thanks Graeme!

17. Banhup, you got that groove nailed... wonderful images.

18. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Thanks Woody! Just found out that you have just officially retired. More time for photography now? Happy retirement to you!