Say...What do you think of this one?

Discussion in 'People' started by pbenedic, Aug 7, 2005.

1. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Went to a picnic at a friend's farm last night. Took the D2x/85 1.4 Glad I did.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think the shot is adorable.

I would crop the other sheep out. Distracting.

Just focusing on the little boy feeding the sheep...

I am not a great fan of b/w. So can't comment on that.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very cool photo... You will cherish it for years to come

4. I agree with Gale a tighter crop would help also some dodging a burnign to intesify the contrast a bit might help, dont get me wrong a nice shot but think it could presented a little better.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    It is truly amazing how most all animals are very tender with the wee ones.. They know that they don't have to fear them, the child has no fear, and I think nurturing instincts are there.

So yes you have captured a great image.

Contest worthy.

Like Mike said presentation just need to be worked on.

If you need help with ideas and how to do it.

Go to the retouching forum on DPR.. They are the greatest folks and really love the children photos and will help you and teach you alot.

6. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    truly a good shot. I agree, tighter and horizontal would make it more focused on the subject. just my view.

7. Hey Pat you have come upon a tender moment and captured it well. The black and white rendition enhances the overall look of this photo in my opinion. I like it. I agree that removing the sheeps head on the left woud make it even better but do not agree that a tighter crop would do it. I might take off just a little bit on the left but would then clone the rest of the head out of the image.

8. Hi Pat,

Excellent photo.

I know what others mean about a tighter crop, but I don't see how it would be possible to crop out the near sheep without destroying some of the compositional elements on the left side of the photo. The only solution would be to attempt to clone the near sheep away....but that would be a ton of work and likely lead to unsatisfactory results.

I say leave it as is.

Best wishes,

David

9. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice shot. I agree with David, I don't think it would look good to crop it such that the sheeps neck was coming out of the edge of the frame. I also think contrast is just fine as-is, although maybe adding some vignetting might work.

10. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    OK, here's a try...

This is great fun. Film is dead (for me, anyway).

11. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Pat, this is a wall hanger !!!