Say What You Will....

There have been a number of slams on Nikon Service and on and on, but...

I do posed photos for ice shows (yes on the ice). I do this a lot and am very sure footed - I never fall. Two weeks ago I did. Not only did I fall, but I kicked over my D3s and 24-70 lens that was on the tripod. I watched helplessly as the camera hit the ice. The good thing? The camera weighed more and took the brunt. Battery door popped open, card door opened... I broke the hot shoe on a pocket wizard.

So, with people watching (never let them see you sweat) I picked it up, put it back together, walked over and grabbed my backup pocket wizard and took a few shots. Zoomed in to 100% - all is good. Kept going...

Later, I noticed two small screws missing from the bottom and a crack near the thumb wheel on the front. Needless to say, my mood was not good. I had 5 more days of ice shows to get through so could not send it in until last Monday.

I sent it over night, and very nicely asked Nikon to rush it as I had an engagement June 1st that I needed it for (I have a second D3s). But, I wondered how much to repair it - $1,000 or more???

The cost was $540 AND UPS delivered the camera to my door today.

Before you ask, no not NPS. Just another example of how their service department will go above and beyond when asked to - and you can't ask any more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like you are a far and few between lucky one.....

You're always gonna get service with a smile and no argument when you pay for the services. Most people, myself included had warranty issues.

Glad they got it back to you quickly.

Blasphemy! Where do you come off posting something like this? I mean, good news on the Internet? Have you no SHAME? Only gripes and complaints are allowed, haven't you read the rules???????

( oh, I guess I'm one of those lucky ones as well, I have had good luck with service, even on a Coolpix years ago )

I too have had good service from Nikon Melville on a lens repair, though communication from them is not the best.

Real Name
Randy
i have never had anything but great service (warranty and paid) but I don't post every time it's great so good for you Kevin.

My guess is for every 100 great jobs Nikon service does that we don't read about there's one we do read about.....

Randy, I was a service director for a large computer company for 33 years (retired now). Only once during that time did I ever have a Customer call me up and say everything was going well. I took that Customer to lunch (several times... )..lol Internet just makes it easier to flame - and sometimes flaming is called for.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom