Saying Goodbye Is So Hard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken-L, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

This is the other "love of my life" - if I'm sitting she's in my lap. She's not quite 2 years old. We've been giving her medications for over a year, but she's been getting worse - her condition is not curable. So, we have to put her to sleep tomorrow, and I felt I needed to say goodbye this way too......

Little-Bit

18208044_e3b1a64acf_o.

View attachment 15153

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ken - so sorry.

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Brew

Brew Guest

Oh Ken, so sorry to hear that!!! Being new to the pet world I've come to realize how quickly you can become attached to them (as they do to you).

Two years is just too short a period of time! :frown:

5. Sorry to hear that Ken, I know how I would feel losing one of my pets.

6. I am sorry to hear of your imminent loss, Ken. We have been through the same and know how you feel.
    Take some time to grieve and open your home to another. There are many out there that would be very fortunate to find a home with someone like you.

7. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    I'm very sorry to hear this Ken. I have suffered the loss of some very loved pets and I know how hard it is. My thoughts are with you.

8. I feel for you and the decision you had to make.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Sorry Ken. Janie and I love our cats so much, so I can almost feel what you are feeling.

10. Ken, I am so sorry to hear this.

I do have 2 of these furrballs myself and love 'm very much.

Wishing you strength in the coming days.

11. Sorry for you and your friend.

We are currently going through something similar with one of ours. He has instestinal lymphoma, and we actually drive 60 miles each way once per week for his treatment. Apprarently the best we can hope for is a year or two.

We don't expect anyone to understand why we would go to so much trouble.

But I suspect you would.

12. I'm so sorry for what you are facing. When the time comes, hold your kitty, whisper in her ear and make sure she can smell you. She'll pass on with love and peace. This is a very difficult time and I'm so sorry for your pain.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2005
  13. Ken it is always hard to have to do these things. It will be
    for the best.

14. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Ken, deepest sympathies. Last summer we had to put down our cat and dog within a month of each other - and both had been members of the family for more than seven years. I dont know who cried more, me or the kids. It's so hard.....

15. Ken, I'm so sorry :frown: Our pets are like kids to us, so I understand those who go to the ends of the earth for their animals...we'd do the same. My thoughts will be with you. I'm glad you have some beautiful photos of your kitty.

16. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Sorry to hear that , we lost our cat this past winter ,but we had nothing to do about . Must be a very tough decision.

17. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    I am really sorry to hear this. I know it is a very difficult decision.

We have a 8 year old Lab. We have treated her as our first child and member of our family. I have given thought to the eventuality off late and do not know if I have the strength to make such a decision. However, in the interest of our loved ones sometimes it is right decision to take.

Our thoughts are with you and your family.

18. Ken,

Sorry to hear about your friend. A couple of years ago we had to put our 18 yr. old Cat "Puffy" to sleep. A few months after our Golden Retriever "Annie" had a tumor in her belly that burst and we had to put her down too. It was tough with Puffy, but he had 18 yrs., Annie was only 7 and it was a total shock. I couldn't go to work for two days after we put Annie to sleep.

I'll say a little prayer for you.

19. Sorry Ken. She is so adorable!

One thing I have learned with pets, the brightest and best seem to leave us before their time, leaving an indelible impression for a lifetime.

Kind Regards,

Brett

20. Ken, I've been there, and I feel for you. Best wishes.