1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

SB-800 & D2H & 17-35

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by Electromen, Oct 26, 2005.

1. I freind has a D2H & 17-35mm 2.8 lens, When he uses the SB-800 with the camera set to manual mode and the SB-800 set to TTL, the flash overexposes the shot. He is very knowledgable and experienced with Nikon equipment, but cannot get the SB-800 to work correctly. with this combo.

The problem he described was outdoors during the day, at a college football game, he used the flash after the game to get the players celebrating and had badly blown highlights.

He tried my D70 & SB-800 and had no problems. Any ideas? I told him I'd ask here first. Maybe I can get him to join the discussion if you have any suggestions.

My only thought was that he should have used TTL-BL outside.

Thanks, Greg

2. It ended up his flash was defective.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.