SB-800 wireless ?

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by JPS, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Hi ! I totally forgot how to set the SB-800 and/or D200 in order to use the onboard flash to fire the SB-800, when holding the camera with one hand and the flash (wireless) with the other...

In fact, i don't know if i ever shot this way since i bought the SB-800 ?!? I KNOW that it was very easy to do with my old SB-80DX, but well.....

If this is possible, would you be kind enough to describe EXACTLY ALL the settings necessary to acheive this ? (i know that i could use a SC-17 cord, buti'd prefer not).

Thanks in advance,
    J-P.

2. Hold down the "SEL" button on the SB800 for some seconds then navigate with the cross to the wirelesssetting, right top on the display should read "OFF", press SEL again to change that setting and press down until it points to "REMOTE", press "SEL" again, then on press on "ON/OFF": The SB800 is ready!

D200:
    Switch to the menue "e3" (Flash), navigate to "Commander Mode", MAke sure to set the same Group and Channel as the SB800, then press "ENTER" and you're set.

Now activate the onboard falsh and fire away!