1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!
  1. I am going out tomorrow and buy an SB 800.

Is this a wise purchase? It seems to be a good flash, from what I have read.
    I don't have a flash and can't afford the 900.

Don

2. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    An excellent purchase. The SB800 is an incredible flash and will serve you well. Their used prices are dropping quickly as people offload them for the 900. I may pick up a couple more :biggrin:

3. Short Answer

Yes. You can probably get a used one for decent price on the FS forum since the SB900 is out now. I'm still a novice with it but IQ has improved in my pics when I use it.

4. Jim C

Jim C Guest

People say that, but I haven't seen it. They are regularly bid up over B&H's new price on eBay. Where are you finding good deals on used SB800s?

5. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Right here on the Cafe! I sold both of mine last week, each was used under 100 flashes. I have seen several sell for similar prices here. Check out the FS section, and watch it closely. Both of mine sold in 5 minutes.

6. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    There you go - John beat me to it.

7. RichNY

RichNY Guest

I would definitely go used and save the money if you are buying a SB-800. I just picked up 4 today from a fellow Cafe member and kept 2 and TMRDesign took two. Two of these flashes were less than one SB-900. Now that I have 3 perhaps I will replace one with a 900 down the road and add a SU-800.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.