SB-900 first try

Discussion in 'People' started by Danny Brenner, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Danny Brenner

Danny Brenner

Feb 9, 2006
    Israel
    Got two new SB900 speedlights today. Attached to my D3 and AF85/f1.4 here's what I got.

[​IMG]

2. digitalzed

digitalzed

May 14, 2006
    N. Cal
    Shalom Danny.

Nice shot but seems slightly underlit. What were your flash settings?

3. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    I think it's pretty good. The light, whilst perhaps a little on the low side, has given not such a harsh light.

4. Blasphemy!! Flash on the D3?? Just kidding. How do you like the SB900? Is it quite the upgrade over the SB800?

5. Very nice Danny.
    I got mine recently and although not really "geeking" wether the light is any different to other SB's I do LOVE the new easy to use interface. Worth the price of admission to me as HATE messing with a flash when should be composing and setting camera.

6. I agree... the 800 or maybe the 600 would have done the same or maybe even better. No disrespect to anyone but I believe the 900 is overrated. Outside the 800 the next step up would be a Qflash or any other portable studio strobes.

7. Your model is stunning, and you've used some of the best gear money can buy, Danny. It's a good result, but you'll do much better if you take the flash off-camera. The sb900 in the hotshoe can be your commander. Put the other in remote mode off to the side.

8. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    Frank,

With your example would you have the commander supply fill flash or just actuate the slave off-camera?

Thanks!