SB-900 Open Box

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by tiny123, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Mr. Moderator can you copy this post or move it later on in the right thread? Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its a plastic book with the gels in it.
    [​IMG]

The case is huge!
    [​IMG]

The bottom is a flash diffuser dome and gel holder storage.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

gel holder
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ohhhhhhh Pretttttyyyyyyy!
    [​IMG]

What i love is i sold my SU-400 for the pocket wizards, i forced myself to think about the flash and how to use light manually, but i did love the lighting i got messing around with the iTTL. And the SU-800 looked like this but this screen is much better.
    [​IMG]

Size Comparison.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This thing is BIG!
    [​IMG]

2. Thanks!

3. were those taken with your 900?

4. no these pics were taken with a canon g9. Love this camera too.

5. Just moved this thread to 'flash' forum.

Looks like a very nice set, and yes, it's huge.

6. slappomatt

slappomatt

May 13, 2006
    San Diego CA
    what is that red slider looking thing under the flash head? thanks for the write up!

7. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    It feels like Christmas!

Would you have the dimensions of that soft case? I'm wondering how it will fit in my bag - looks enormous!

In the last picture it looks like an extra from Wall-E

8. Very cool! Based on a wedding shooter's tests and recommendations I just ordered this speedlight from B&H. :smile:

9. 91/2 inches high and 2 1/2 inches deep almost 4 inches wide

10. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Thank you for the EXCELLENT description, photos, and write-up!!

The screen is awesome! The master / remote switch will greatly simplify operation. I do not understand why On / Off / Master / Remote. It would seem On would not be needed if you chose either Master OR Remote. Maybe On is for general programming use.

Thanks again!!

11. congrats
    i can't wait to see you put it to good use

good luck

12. On = snapping pictures 900 attached to camera

Master = flash is attached to camera but only triggers other sb 900's or 800's.

Remote = puts the flash in a recieving mode to work with another 900 in Master setting.

Hope that helps.

13. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Thanks! That is simple enough. I see the display has a little bar graph to show battery life. That is awesome.

14. pointa-b-c

pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    That bar should indicate flash's operational temperature, to tell you when it will overheat and stop working temporarily.

This thing is indeed huge! :eek:

15. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    It looks it. Mine arrives tomorrow. :cool:

16. You are correct sir.

[​IMG]

17. Thanks for the photos. I just ordered a SB-900 and will use my 800 as a remote flash.

18. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I picked mine up yesterday. It is indeed a big boy . . . . Love the new UI. Figured it all out without the manual (always a sign of good UI design). Looking forward to using it for real. I will most likely use it mainly off camera with an SU-800, unless tests show that the SB900 has better range and reliability as a Master.