1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

SB800 Auto Zoom

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by Ogof Mole, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Hi, when I had my SB800 new I sure that it would automatically zoom with the lens when mounted on D200 camera body in TTL mode. But as I have been using it in Commander mode for the past year and have just wanted to use it on the camera body again, I can't seem to get this function back. I have put the camera back to TTL mode and SB800 back to TTL mode, but I still have a 'M' over the 'ZOOM' icon on flash, I have tried pressing the multi movement button in middle but can't seem to swap from 'manual' to 'auto'.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, and Yes I have read the manual page 26

2. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    The wide angle diffusor? (Probably not, but eliminating the obvious)

3. or you have the plastic diffuser dome on it?

4. Try resetting the flash manually. Just a thought.

5. Thanks for all of your replys, The problem was because I had the plastic dome on. I did not realise that this would effect the workings. I learn something new.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.