1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!
  1. Muonic

Muonic

Jun 14, 2006
    429 Euros? What's that, about $650?

I think I will pass....

2. JDann24

JDann24

Dec 15, 2007
    Garland, Texas
    $650?!?! Thats crazy! I'll happily stick with my SB-800.

3. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Chill . . . the Europeans always pay more . . .

4. this is me

this is me

Feb 10, 2007
    MA
    Hell, if it swivel like the new Sony ones, I'll happily pay for it.

5. Not I.

Not $675 for a flash!

6. rampal

rampal

May 4, 2008
    @Newbury, UK
    That's not that much considering what we pay for a SB-800 in Spain... around 360 - 400 euros... so I would expect to have it available on US for around 360 - 400 dollars.... its the US$1 to 1€ rule... it could even be worse (depends on the store): US$1 = £1 = 1.3 € !!!

I'm here at US spending all my money because everything looks cheap!!!

7. rampal

rampal

May 4, 2008
    @Newbury, UK
  8. Tom Young

Tom Young

Aug 10, 2007
    Chicago
    What, no bluetooth CLS? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It looks cute, but maybe not so cute as to cause my own hoped for flood of good used SB-800's to hit the market. Oh well, it's a flash. It flashes. So do my other flashes. I think I'll be sticking with them for a while longer. :smile:

9. this is me

this is me

Feb 10, 2007
    MA
    Alright, the first thing I checked this morning when I woke up was the SB900(I have no interest in the new body) and to my disappointment, the new flash head does not seem to swivel in portrait mode like the new Sony! Maybe it's too early for me and I'm missing something.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.