1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Scared Cormorant

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Pixelographer, May 31, 2007.

1. Pixelographer

Pixelographer

Dec 22, 2006
    The triple threat: Flies, Swims, and Walks. Does none very well, though it's good at fishing. This one was scared by the sight of my 13lb 400/2.8 af-i.
    Hope you enjoy it!
    Dave
    [IMGO]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/192/495160405_fdc45505cb_b.jpg[/IMGO]

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    The two splashes behind the bird really makes this one a winner! Great work!

3. What a great "action" shot!

Tell me aren't YOU scared of a 13 pound lens? Mine is the AFS II model and after 4 hours trudging about the swamp, it gets noticibly heavy...

4. Pixelographer

Pixelographer

Dec 22, 2006
    Nick:
    Would love a lighter lens but for the dollar, hard to beat the af-i's. $3k vs $7k for afsII. Ugly, heavy, but works. Now using a 1.7 tc with it and does well at f/6.3 or smaller in bright light.
    One of my friends has the afsII and it's amazingly small and light by comparison.
    Thanks for the comment and good shooting....
    Dave

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice shot
    Look a those feet!!!!!
    To much drag with the flappers down

6. Pixelographer

Pixelographer

Dec 22, 2006
    Gale - thanks
    This bird spooks easily. When cruising the local lake, all you can see is the neck and head. It dissapears to catch fish for a while, popping up in a new spot fairly far away. In order to take off, it patters and flaps frantically. Flies with much effort - no gliding.
    All the best
    Dave

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They get water logged and have to dry thier feathers to go back fishing.
    The Anhinga is like that to

8. WOW! Talk about a great action shot! You got it! Very nice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.