Scared eaglets & hungry Chickadee

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, May 23, 2007.

1. I was at a nest last season late and the night was setting in. When I looked up at the youngsters in the nest and being they were all alone I took this photo and made a little fun from it.
    On another lighter side I also had the luck of getting this chickadee onto my hand and taking its photo with the other. I used a 1.3MP old Olympus point and shoot
    Lou

Worried eaglets
    510823138_ca890ea663_o.

hungry Chickadee
    508593547_34b77df27c_o.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Love the Eagle shot.
    Chickadee is precious

My Grandpa used to put food in my hand and teach me how to call the birdies and feed out of my hand. Oh what a thrill.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2007
  3. I like your Chickadee shot... there is a metropark near here where Titmice, Chickadees and ever (hard to belive) Redwing Blackbirds will eat out of your hand... thanks for sharing.

4. Gale you must have had a really great GRANDPA Thank you.
    Lou

5. Sometimes it's good to have a little fun with the wildlife we persue with our cameras and Paul you should go to that park and get a few of them. Thank you for looking.
    Lou

6. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Hi Lou,

I think each version has its merits. Yours is certainly more realistic than mine and tells a wonderful story. I do in fact like this one just fine especially from a natural history point of view. I just enjoy leaning a little towards the artistic side on occasion. :smile:

If my gear isn't capable of capturing what I have in my minds eye I will help it along sometimes but I will always disclose that it isn't a natural image if I do so.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Lou
    I had the greatest Grandma and Grandpa in the whole wide world to me.
    God I miss them so much.............. Many years now
    Brings tears to this day to my eyes and heart

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Grandpa would put peanut butter in my hand:>))
    Blue Jays to would eat out of my hand also.
    I was a wee one about 7

9. Andy there is nothing wrong with that as a matter of fact I do things like that when I just feel like fooling around. Like I like making up colages of the American flag and our bald eagle and 9/11/01 things like that I enjoy so I fully understand what you are doing and it is some very good work as many most likely don't realize how much goes into it.
    Lou

10. Gale, that is a great memory and one like that should bring a tear once in awhile. Once I had to photograph a 1 year old Golden Eagle on his first migration south and someone shot him and he had to have a wing taken off. I had to sit on the floor next to him and look through the viewfinder for a photo as evidence and I had trouble seeing as the tears kept getting in the way. Funny Just last night I was talking to the rehab center and ask about him and he is fully licenced and has his own large cage and doing great for an eagle with one wing. I should post him sometime just to educate even some of the people on this site to see.
    Lou

11. I hope there were no blue jays with an alergy to peanutbutter:biggrin::biggrin:
    Lou