1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

SCARY Sharp...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Donzo98, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    This lens is a JOKE!!! I LOVE IT... D2XS ISO 800, 340mm @F4, cropped, resized, auto leveled, sharpening action.

[​IMG]

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    yep

Mine is almost always shot wide open unless outside on a bright day!

Congrats

Wade

3. Stop posting these photos, Don. You're killing me. :biggrin:

4. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    I can not STOP!! I think we need a 200-400 VR lusters club.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Look at this one... 400mm @ F4, focus was on the right (in the pic) eye. Image is NOT cropped. 1/8 sec shutter speed!!

[​IMG]

5. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    and those are in a kitchen in the middle of the night... with crappy lighting... on a solid but too small tripod for the job... at 1/8 sec shutter speed.:biggrin: :biggrin:

6. NICE! Congratulations, Don.

7. I hate you...

seriously.

That is cool.

8. I just went to the Doc to get the vaccinations for my next trip to Burma, so I asked if there is a vaccination against lens lust .....

I think such posts should be visible only to members who already have this lens - same is true for the 200/2 VR.

Cheers

9. No.. :eek:  ARGH :mad:  I've read this thread :actions1:

Couldn't you write 200-400/4 in the title?

:biggrin:

10. AndyE

AndyE

May 2, 2005
    Vienna, Austria
    Thank you so much, Don

Don,

posts like this are sooooo good to (re)confirm the significant investment owners of this lens had to spent.

Well spent money on one occasion, lot of continous joy .....

keep them coming,
    Andy

11. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Don :

Welcome to an exclusive club ! The 200-400mm is everything that you've been hearing about...

... and more.

John P.

12. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Thanks John!! It is just so cool to have the ability to zoom out to 400 with that type of IQ. :biggrin:

13. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    Yep, what DanielD said!!!! I should have been warned that it was a 200-400 thread! Now I'm frantically looking in my lens closet to see what can go in order to get the funds together for one!

Lisa

14. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Lisa... that is exactly what I did!! :biggrin: I sold the 300 2.8 AFS II to partially pay for it. It is NOT cheap.:eek:  :eek: 

Shhh... but I may be done with shopping for lenses for a while. Now I need to sell a few things. :smile:

15. JohnMueller

JohnMueller Guest

This is how every lens should be. Amazing stuff. I thought this was the 50 1.4 at first.

16. Sharp ? YES!!

Here's one handheld wide open -- obviously the dog wasn't groomed for the shot!

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sharpest lens I have including the 17-55, 70-200 or the 300f4. The bokeh is wonderful, too.

PaulC

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  17. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    I know that lens is like a telescope, but how did you get a picture of my cat?

3407003.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

congrats on that lens, oh the lust.

18. strawman

strawman

Mar 24, 2006
    Missoula, MT
    That's pretty much what I've done to afford mine as well. In fact, I'll be posting some more items in the For Sale thread this week to continue paying down the old credit card!!!

19. macroach

macroach

Jul 19, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Don, is the cat resting on the Nikon warranty paperwork in the first one? Looks like he/she can't get enough of the 200-400 either :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.