Scattered Pine Cones

I was shooting photos of a tree covered in blossoms on Saturday morning when I noticed this collection of pine cones scattered over bare ground next to a school annex. A good friend took a gorgeous large format photo of pine cones he'd encountered in the wilderness during one of his photographic adventures. That photo inspired me to look more closely at this collection. I took a few shots. This is the most interesting of the group... This was shot with the 105 f/2.5 AI-s mounted on a D700.

105.PineConesScattered.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Messages from Pete and Re-Pete and I forgot to subscribe to this thread so I missed both your comments... me bad...

Thanks guys. It is funny how images seem to come to us if we pay attention. I certainly wasn't looking for this one. In fact, I practically stumbled into it as I stepped back for my flower shot. This, by the way, was the tree I was shooting at the moment.

105.SpringFlowers02.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The 105 f/2.5 AI-s certainly deserves its excellent reputation. It is a gorgeous lens with which to work and it never disappoints.

Thanks Steve. I'm beginning to understand how you could have so many posts. You are ALL OVER this board... :eek:

I certainly understand how that could happen. This is a great place to meet people and share images. Nothing could be finer!

Two very good photos. I find the textures of the pine cones very appealing. Well done.

Thanks Les, but credit really belongs to Nikon for producing this stellar lens that produces such fine color, contrast and sharpness, even wide open. Add the luscious bokeh and you have a recipe for fine photography. Granted, I have to compose this image but Nikon does the rest. This is the lens that got me hooked on Nikon's wonderful assortment of manual focus lenses. I am glad you like the photos, however... :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom