Scavengers photo hide in Madrid

Hi folks,

The sunrise did not reach its highest point yet. It was 5:45 AM in the morning and I was already inside the photo hide, where I was waiting for the raptors to come down. I looked up to the dark blue sky and saw a big venue of vultures coming down. Soon, Griffon vultures and Black vultures arrived and start fighting for carrion. The Crepuscular rays didn’t cover the land yet and the dark vulture shapes were dancing in the darkness.

Behind the rocks a red fox appeared timidly, observing the vultures and looking for some carrion to catch. As soon as I saw the fox, all my interest was instantly focused on him. Watching a wildlife documentary is probably the closest experience to being hidden inside of a photo hide while wild animals are behaving in their own habitat.

You can continue reading my new article in the following link: Scavengers shooting session with the XF100-400mm

Don't forget to follow my work on my site: www.josecarpin.com

I would like to show you some of the best pictures of the article. Please, read it and leave a comment.

Thank you!

Fujifilm XT-1 + XF16mm f1.4 – ISO400 f5.6 1/12seg

DSCF8445.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Fujifilm XT-1 + f/4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR– ISO200 100mm f5.6 1/9seg

DSCF8451.jpg

Griffon vulture – Fujifilm XT-1 + f/4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR– ISO400 400mm f5.6 1/180seg

DSCF8843.jpg

Red Fox – Fujifilm XT-1 + f/4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR– ISO800 400mm f5.6 1/30seg

DSCF8457.jpg

Red kite – Fujifilm XT-1 + f/4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR– ISO1600 372.6mm f5.6 1/2000seg

DSCF0638-1.jpg

Black kite – Fujifilm XT-1 + f/4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR– ISO400 400mm f5.6 1/300seg

DSCF0383.jpg

Gorgeous shot Jose !

Is are these photo hide property of http://www.birdinginspain.com/ ? I haven't booked any of their photo hides yet, but I know they offer a huge variety of photographical bird species.
I have seen lovely pictures of the Little Owl as well which were taken from their hides.

Keep up the good work

Kind Regards

Gorgeous shot Jose !

Is are these photo hide property of http://www.birdinginspain.com/ ? I haven't booked any of their photo hides yet, but I know they offer a huge variety of photographical bird species.
I have seen lovely pictures of the Little Owl as well which were taken from their hides.

Keep up the good work

Kind Regards

Thanks for your comment!

Your link is a company located in Cataluña province. The one I was taking the pictures posted is located in Madrid, and this is the link: http://www.wildiberiannature.es/

Hope it will be useful for you!

Regards
Jose

Latest threads

Top Bottom