1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Scene from a country road

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by kilofoxtrott, May 10, 2018.

1. Great eye! Fascinating lines.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. I like the scene. To my eye, the house is positioned too far to the right...too close to the edge of the frame.

Glenn

3. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Thank you Glenn. (y)(y)(y)
    The picture is no crop. I've tried to shoot another angle, but then the curves of the hill and dung will disappear.
    Next time I'll need a more wideangled lens... ;) 

Kind regards
    Klaus

4. Yes...sometimes there's not much you can do! If you were to crop out the house, you lose the composition. Since I wasn't there, I don't know what comes into play to the right of the house if you were to go wider.

Glenn

5. Another solution is to use a longer focal length...or to crop to remove the house. Doing so using a 2:3 aspect ratio simplifies the image and concentrates the eye on the lines, which would also look great in monochrome (sorry about that recurring theme, but your images lately would work so well in monochrome).

6. kilofoxtrott

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Road... :( 

Thank you Glenn
    Klaus

• Like Like x 1
  7. kilofoxtrott

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Mike, I'll give it a try in the evening - promised...

Regards
    Klaus

8. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    I like it, didn’t see the house until I read the other comments. Makes me wonder what they’re doing that produced that pattern.

9. That's cow poop (manure), hence the smell.

10. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    A natural fertilizing moment! Very interesting idea for an image. :) 

11. kilofoxtrott

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Well, I nearly needed an oxygen mask after taking the shot... :confused: :notworthy: :sleep: 

Regards
    Klaus

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. merlin

merlin

Oct 12, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    Merlin Emrys
    Love the lines and textures, Klaus!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nicely shot- but agree about the house unbalancing the image.
    If it was mine (I wish it was)- I would fire up the clone tool.
    Lose the house- make it a tree, lots of trees in the area. The fence post thing in the front center would go away, as would the phone lines in the back on the left. The tv tower- gone.
    I "think" I would also get rid of the triangle in the right lower corner- triangles in the corners always bug me.
    I have no issue with removing objects in post, especially when my access was limited and I could not shot around them.
    Nicely seen. I am happy the olfactory pleasures do not come across as well.
    Gary

• Like Like x 1
  14. Having spent 5 years in Germany I too have experienced that smell as the farmers spread there fertilizer. Good capture Klaus.

15. kilofoxtrott

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Gary, about the clone tool...
    I work as Technical Writer 8 to 10 hours a day in front of a PC. Even sometimes with PhotoShop.
    The problem I have in the evening is - that's enough... :sleep: (n) (n)  I try to do as little as possible on a computer at home.
    Please understand, my wife needs my attention, as my daughter and my 9 weeks old granddaughter too.
    You're right with the pole and the house (y)(y)(y)

Kind regards
    Klaus

16. kilofoxtrott

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Hi Gordon,
    where have you been in Germany?
    I believe it was your duty for the American forces.

Thank you
    Klaus

17. Kaiserslautern, Heidelberg, and Karlsruhe and I also attended a school in Oberamagau. Because of my duties in the military police I was able to range far and wide in Germany and France as well. Really enjoyed my time over there.

18. I love the image Klaus. Very nice composition and colors. I was going to suggest cloning the house too before reading Gchappel's comment and your reply. May be when you have time in the future...

19. Brave you are to deal with such crap, I am well aware of the odor. Very interesting patterns and nice shot. Over here waste goes though a spreader on back to cover all the fields an and more impotantly speed up the process.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.