Scenes from an Italian Restaurant

Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
OK so I owe royalties to Billy Joel from using his song tittle.
I was invited to shoot a local Italians Mens Night with the paycheck being a nice dinner and some great homemade wine and great company, who could say no, besides I don't want to go swimming with the fishes........
They meet once a month and have a 7 course meal, wine and cigars it is a really fun night they have a slide show running with candids taken at the previous parties. There are about 80-100 attendees.

All were taken with the D2X and the 28-70 and the Sb800 in FP/TTL mode.

Let me tell you this is some of the best Italian food I have had the privilege of tasting. So here are a few shots from the evenings festivities
Father and Son
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What would Italian Mens Night be with Italian women, this is our barmaid
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A Brian Dehney look alike
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Raffle girl
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The organizers
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Friendship
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The photographer...that is me standing up
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
827
Location
The Netherlands
Mike, bet you had a wonderful time there,next time take me as your assistent I like Italian food!!!! :smile:

Nice series,nice ladies also :BigGrin:
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
1,011
Location
San Jose, CA
Very nice work, Mike! How do you like The Beast for that kind of photography. Are you using it in the 2X crop mode for candids? Finally, why are you spending so much time on the hired help instead of the customers?

Heheh :tongue:.
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
hans said:
Mike, bet you had a wonderful time there,next time take me as your assistent I like Italian food!!!! :smile:

Nice series,nice ladies also :BigGrin:
Cmon along my treat, the food was incredible the group desgins the menu and then the restraunt puts it together
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
Uncle Frank said:
Very nice work, Mike! How do you like The Beast for that kind of photography. Are you using it in the 2X crop mode for candids? Finally, why are you spending so much time on the hired help instead of the customers?

Heheh :tongue:.
Thanks Frank it is fun and will be shooting it every month, the best is an excellent lens for this type of shooting performs well wide open or even stopped down had great focal length so the coverage for closeup or table shots are all within reach.
I shot all these in regular mode, I find I only use the HSC for wildlife that is real far out there I would rather have the excellent resolution and if I have to crop a bit.
Well I like I Italian food but there is something about Italian women that goes with out saying!
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
8,677
Location
Alabama
Wonder whose picture I have to take around here to get a glass of wine....(nice shots btw).
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
Jay Luto said:
Mike,

Looks good !

Where is that restaurant ?
This month it was in Cherry Hill it was called Pasta Vino, the group plans the menu and then the restaurant prepares there choices.
Here is the menu best as I can recall
Some fresh peaches for soaking in your wine
Hot and sweet peepers and fresh breads
Tomato and Mozzarella
Mushroom Soup
Bow tie Pasta with artichoke hearts and prosciutto
Escarole and canollei beans with garlic and Olive oil
Veal with three type of chesses
Scallops and Salmon with Marinara
Frozen Peach with Vanilla Ice Cream
Coffee with Sambuca
Cigars, Cigars, Cigars
 
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
17,633
Location
Chicago, IL
Great captures, Mike. A room full of Italian guys, pasta, red wine...it doesn't get much better than that in my opinion. Being 100% Italian myself, I could be right at home with those guys...MY PEOPLE!!! You did a very nice job capturing the comradry of the group...Salute!
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
eng45ine said:
Great captures, Mike. A room full of Italian guys, pasta, red wine...it doesn't get much better than that in my opinion. Being 100% Italian myself, I could be right at home with those guys...MY PEOPLE!!! You did a very nice job capturing the comradry of the group...Salute!
Frank
It was a ton of fun will be making this a monthly event for sure. Thanks for looking. The Italians are a great group of people
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
Badda Bing Badda Boom! :cool: Looks like you're part of "The Family" now! :wink: For a fabulous dinner such as the one you described, and all the great company, (especially the rather lovely female help), who in the right mind could refuse such a great offer! Nicely done Mike!
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
Steve S said:
Badda Bing Badda Boom! :cool: Looks like you're part of "The Family" now! :wink: For a fabulous dinner such as the one you described, and all the great company, (especially the rather lovely female help), who in the right mind could refuse such a great offer! Nicely done Mike!
Steven you are right dont want to anger anyone for no reason. I jsut cant help when it comes to females I think I LLD...Lovely Lady Disease
 

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom