Scenes from an Italian Restaurant

Discussion in 'People' started by mike mac, Aug 28, 2005.

1. OK so I owe royalties to Billy Joel from using his song tittle.
    I was invited to shoot a local Italians Mens Night with the paycheck being a nice dinner and some great homemade wine and great company, who could say no, besides I don't want to go swimming with the fishes........
    They meet once a month and have a 7 course meal, wine and cigars it is a really fun night they have a slide show running with candids taken at the previous parties. There are about 80-100 attendees.

All were taken with the D2X and the 28-70 and the Sb800 in FP/TTL mode.

Let me tell you this is some of the best Italian food I have had the privilege of tasting. So here are a few shots from the evenings festivities
    Father and Son
    [​IMG]
    What would Italian Mens Night be with Italian women, this is our barmaid
    [​IMG]
    A Brian Dehney look alike
    [​IMG]
    The Raffle girl
    [​IMG]
    The organizers
    [​IMG]
    Cheers
    [​IMG]
    Friendship
    [​IMG]
    The photographer...that is me standing up
    [​IMG]

2. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Mike, bet you had a wonderful time there,next time take me as your assistent I like Italian food!!!! :smile:

Nice series,nice ladies also :BigGrin:

3. Very nice work, Mike! How do you like The Beast for that kind of photography. Are you using it in the 2X crop mode for candids? Finally, why are you spending so much time on the hired help instead of the customers?

Heheh :tongue:.

4. Mike,

Looks good !

Where is that restaurant ?

5. Cmon along my treat, the food was incredible the group desgins the menu and then the restraunt puts it together

6. Thanks Frank it is fun and will be shooting it every month, the best is an excellent lens for this type of shooting performs well wide open or even stopped down had great focal length so the coverage for closeup or table shots are all within reach.
    I shot all these in regular mode, I find I only use the HSC for wildlife that is real far out there I would rather have the excellent resolution and if I have to crop a bit.
    Well I like I Italian food but there is something about Italian women that goes with out saying!

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Wonder whose picture I have to take around here to get a glass of wine....(nice shots btw).

8. This month it was in Cherry Hill it was called Pasta Vino, the group plans the menu and then the restaurant prepares there choices.
    Here is the menu best as I can recall
    Some fresh peaches for soaking in your wine
    Hot and sweet peepers and fresh breads
    Tomato and Mozzarella
    Mushroom Soup
    Bow tie Pasta with artichoke hearts and prosciutto
    Escarole and canollei beans with garlic and Olive oil
    Veal with three type of chesses
    Scallops and Salmon with Marinara
    Frozen Peach with Vanilla Ice Cream
    Coffee with Sambuca
    Cigars, Cigars, Cigars

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great captures, Mike. A room full of Italian guys, pasta, red wine...it doesn't get much better than that in my opinion. Being 100% Italian myself, I could be right at home with those guys...MY PEOPLE!!! You did a very nice job capturing the comradry of the group...Salute!

10. Frank
    It was a ton of fun will be making this a monthly event for sure. Thanks for looking. The Italians are a great group of people

11. These are great Mike. Gives me the feeling of being there. The festive spirit was certainly relayed in this series.

12. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Badda Bing Badda Boom! :cool: Looks like you're part of "The Family" now! :wink: For a fabulous dinner such as the one you described, and all the great company, (especially the rather lovely female help), who in the right mind could refuse such a great offer! Nicely done Mike!

13. Very nice well done series Mike. I want more of the senoritas, bella.

14. thanks Dave it was a ton of fun to shoot for sure

15. Steven you are right dont want to anger anyone for no reason. I jsut cant help when it comes to females I think I LLD...Lovely Lady Disease

16. You and me both Gordon!

17. One of those tough jobs

but someone has to do it :BigGrin:

18. Yes you are right a dirty job but someone had to do it

19. The Raffle

So, tell us, who won the raffle girl??

I'm jealous!