School ????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamesf01, Jul 23, 2007.

1. jamesf01

jamesf01

Feb 20, 2006
    Port Orchard WA
    :confused:Am thinking of taking a course in photography. One of the one’s that I have been looking at is New York Institute of Photography. Would like to know if anyone out there has taken it and what you think about it or does anyone know about this one or any one that is any good. If possible would like a candid review or any review or what you might think about a school. I am 61 and retired and have a D200 and would like to learn more about taking photo’s and the how to. I am new to the field and would like to sell some someday. Thank you very much Jim :confused:

2. Jim,
    The NYIP has been around for a long time and has a good record for their services. I've gotten some old information on their course and it is well put together.

The one bad thing of a course like this, is the lack of hands-on person to person training and interaction. My photography beginnings started with a photography course at our local community college (c.1980). It was well worth it. That also led me into our local camera club were I continued to learn.

Now days, there are so many ways to learn. The internet has more information
    than a person could hardly learn in a lifetime. And, here at Nikon Cafe is one of the best places to be and ask questions.

Best of luck on your journey. Feel free to ask any questions here, none are too simple.

3. Any local colleges or community colleges near you?
    I took a class at a nearby college. It was a 3 credit course, but I took it as a non-credit class.

4. MD2595

MD2595

Jul 6, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    You guys have any suggestions for any other online schools?

I work nights and on my days off I'm responsible for my 2 boys while the wife is at work.

I really want to go to the community college that has a great reputation for photography, but with my schedule I can't swing it.

Thanks

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Check with your college. Many have day care for while student/parents are in class.

6. College for sure.