Scotland by Holga (regular & pinhole!)

Hello everyone, while processing my D3 shots from the trip, I thought I'd start posting some film pictures to start with - these have been shot with a Holga regular and a Holga pinhole panoramic camera during my recent trip to Scotland.

Here they come, first the Holga, all on Tri-X 400:
2009_120_013_12.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Neist Point, Tri-X 400

2009_120_014_02.jpg

Relic

2009_120_014_03.jpg

Relic, Nr. 2

2009_120_014_08.jpg

Eileen Donean Castle, a classic

2009_120_014_10.jpg

Connectivity, in the middle of nowhere

2009_120_016_08.jpg

Close to Loch Coruisk

2009_120_017_04.jpg

Urquarth Castle, another classic

And now, some pinhole stuff, Ilford Pan-F 50:
2009_120_018_03_&_04.jpg

2009_120_022_05_&_06.jpg

The Hermitage Castle

More images here.

I actually think that there is a place for these cameras in one's bag - they weight just about nothing, and they offer some nice creative opportunities...

As always, C&C are very welcome!

Very well done, Vieri! I really like the boats.

That has to be Dr. Who's Tardis - who else would park it in the middle of nowhere!

Regards,
John

Great series of images Vieri. I like them all. I like the mood in each image and the Holga and pinhole cameras mke that mood stand out. You almost make me want to buy a new camera (pinhole especially) just to see if I can duplicate the same feel in our scenes here in Nevada. Thanks for sharing.

God Bless,
David

These are just great!

I don't care for the pinholes ones, but the rest are excellent!

Excellent series! Looks like Dr. Who's phone booth. The "Tardis" I think?

Very well done, Vieri! I really like the boats.

That has to be Dr. Who's Tardis - who else would park it in the middle of nowhere!

Regards,
John

Great series of images Vieri. I like them all. I like the mood in each image and the Holga and pinhole cameras mke that mood stand out. You almost make me want to buy a new camera (pinhole especially) just to see if I can duplicate the same feel in our scenes here in Nevada. Thanks for sharing.

God Bless,
David

Thanks for sharing something COMPLETELY different. Such a strange perspective compared to "the norm".

Thank you very much everyone, I am glad you enjoyed :biggrin: as far as the pinhole, it was my first experiment with it and I am quite pleased with the results, especially with the fact that I could get the exposure right every time; as far as the compositions, I am not completely happy with what I got especially when I tried something fancier than having the subject dead in the middle, but it's in fact very difficult to frame properly with these cameras - is complete guess work, actually :eek: anyway, I will keep trying and see if I can get a better feel for composing with them. Thanks again! :biggrin:

Vieri, I like your composition. The vignetting in the last two photographs are artful...I think they add to the feeling of the B&W! Thanks for posting.

Vieri, I like your composition. The vignetting in the last two photographs are artful...I think they add to the feeling of the B&W! Thanks for posting.

Great shots especially in B&W.

Now I have another reason to want to go (besides the single malt's). Great captures!!!! Love 'Relic #2.'

Very interesting and different. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you guys, much appreciated :biggrin:

As far as tenorman & Steve's comments: the vignette in the last two is built-in the pinhole Holgas, and is due to the recessed position the pinhole rests in; the B&W is built in the film I used :wink: as much as I use & love digital, there is still nothing (plug-ins etc) who gets close - IMHO - to the look of a MF negative (or even a 35 mm negative, for that matter).

Thanks again!

Latest threads

Top Bottom