Scotland

Just back from a few days in Scotland. A bit cloudy on a few days but still beautiful. Sorry I couldn't do it real justice in my photos.

Loch Lomond.

lomond1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

lomond2.jpg

Loch Fyne

invarary1.jpg

Glencoe memorial.

glencoe1.jpg

Critique welcome.

Best regards
Andy

andy, thanks for sharing these. they bring me back to last year when i traveled to scotland. nice work here, i especially like the sky at loch fyne. heres a snap from the isle of skye i believe

811763899_b4610152d6_o.png

Andy

Like the shots and am happy to see part of the British Isles from whence my ancestry came (Ireland and Scotland).

I tried cropping the first and third image (mostly the foreground) and felt I saw slightly more interesting images. You might want to give it a try to see what you like the most.

One of my exercises this month is to crop the heck out of most of my images to develop my framing and composition skills. Often it doesn't work but on occasion you get a much more interesting image.

andy, thanks for sharing these. they bring me back to last year when i traveled to scotland. nice work here, i especially like the sky at loch fyne. heres a snap from the isle of skye i believe

811763899_b4610152d6_o.png

Looking north up the A87 over Sconser toward Portree and the Storr .
We haven't seen weather like that for months. It's been really dry and mostly sunny. Of course the entire winter looks like that :frown:

Thanks Dan I will give your suggestions a try.

Brian. I'm afraid we didn't get to Skye. Lack of time and the thought of that bridge toll!!

Best regards
Andy

Yup, that weather looks familiar -- I was stationed in Scotland (outside of Glasgow) 20 years ago, and have made several return visits since. Did you stop by the Loch Fyne Oyster Bar?

My shots of overcast/foggy/rainy days there never look dramatic like yours, just boring...

Brian. Thats good news about the toll so next year a visit to Skye is on the cards.

Kristin. Unfortunatley we got there Sunday lunchtime and it was very full so we drove on to Inverary for lunch.

Best regards

Andy

Latest threads

Top Bottom