Scotland

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Andyc, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    Just back from a few days in Scotland. A bit cloudy on a few days but still beautiful. Sorry I couldn't do it real justice in my photos.

Loch Lomond.

lomond1.

lomond2.

Loch Fyne

invarary1.

Glencoe memorial.

glencoe1.

Critique welcome.

Best regards
    Andy

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think they are very pretty:>))
    Thanks for the great views

3. andy, thanks for sharing these. they bring me back to last year when i traveled to scotland. nice work here, i especially like the sky at loch fyne. heres a snap from the isle of skye i believe

811763899_b4610152d6_o.

4. Nice shots and the green hills are beautiful.

5. I'll say! Carolyn and I feel the highlands is the most beautiful place on earth. The B/W is a great shot.

Thanks, Rich

6. Hi Andy -

Thanks for these - Scotland is a place I very much want to visit.

I think your fourth shot of the Glencoe Memorial with the approaching storm is super.

Eric

7. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    Thank you all for your comments.

Best regards
    Andy

8. Andy

Like the shots and am happy to see part of the British Isles from whence my ancestry came (Ireland and Scotland).

I tried cropping the first and third image (mostly the foreground) and felt I saw slightly more interesting images. You might want to give it a try to see what you like the most.

One of my exercises this month is to crop the heck out of most of my images to develop my framing and composition skills. Often it doesn't work but on occasion you get a much more interesting image.

9. Looking north up the A87 over Sconser toward Portree and the Storr .
    We haven't seen weather like that for months. It's been really dry and mostly sunny. Of course the entire winter looks like that :frown:

10. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    Thanks Dan I will give your suggestions a try.

Brian. I'm afraid we didn't get to Skye. Lack of time and the thought of that bridge toll!!

Best regards
    Andy

11. Actually the bridge has been toll free for 2 years so you can't work that one :wink:

12. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Yup, that weather looks familiar -- I was stationed in Scotland (outside of Glasgow) 20 years ago, and have made several return visits since. Did you stop by the Loch Fyne Oyster Bar?

My shots of overcast/foggy/rainy days there never look dramatic like yours, just boring...

13. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    Brian. Thats good news about the toll so next year a visit to Skye is on the cards.

Kristin. Unfortunatley we got there Sunday lunchtime and it was very full so we drove on to Inverary for lunch.

Best regards

Andy

14. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Nice series of images. The last one is very interesting