Scott Kelby reviews D700

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by smodak, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Thanks for the link, it's an interesting read. I enjoy Scotts down to earth writing style. I've played with a D700 in a shop but didn't experience the anticipated WOW factor. I think I'll be patient and hopefully pick up a new D3 when it gets discounted to around 3 grand...........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

2. Dawgneck

Dawgneck

Apr 25, 2007
    So Cal
    Ditto on the D3.

I compared the two this past Saturday at Samy's camera and I prefer the feel of the D3.

I gotta have it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
  3. Yeah, that review seems about right IMO ... the only thing I don't like is lack of a second card slot.

4. onemorelens

onemorelens

Jul 3, 2007
    california
    I have to admit if I were buying now I'd get the D700 for the smaller size. However I dont regret buying the D3. I'd miss the 9fps even though I'm not a sports photographer or even a pro. I'd miss the solid as a carved rock feel. In April I dropped it 3 feet onto a stone floor and the D3 didnt even seem to notice. I dont know if the D700 would have survived. Most of all I would have missed 7 months of shooting with the D3 Jan to July.
    They're both great cameras (waiting for new primes btw).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.