Scott Kelby reviews D700

Thanks for the link, it's an interesting read. I enjoy Scotts down to earth writing style. I've played with a D700 in a shop but didn't experience the anticipated WOW factor. I think I'll be patient and hopefully pick up a new D3 when it gets discounted to around 3 grand...........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

Thanks for the link, it's an interesting read. I enjoy Scotts down to earth writing style. I've played with a D700 in a shop but didn't experience the anticipated WOW factor. I think I'll be patient and hopefully pick up a new D3 when it gets discounted to around 3 grand...........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

Ditto on the D3.

I compared the two this past Saturday at Samy's camera and I prefer the feel of the D3.

I gotta have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit if I were buying now I'd get the D700 for the smaller size. However I dont regret buying the D3. I'd miss the 9fps even though I'm not a sports photographer or even a pro. I'd miss the solid as a carved rock feel. In April I dropped it 3 feet onto a stone floor and the D3 didnt even seem to notice. I dont know if the D700 would have survived. Most of all I would have missed 7 months of shooting with the D3 Jan to July.
They're both great cameras (waiting for new primes btw).

Latest threads

Top Bottom