Scottsdale Meetup is NOW!!!! (map)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris101, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    [​IMG]

TODAY! is the Arizona Nikon Cafe get together!

Here is a map of the area, and here is a map of the park:

[​IMG]

Once you get to the parking lot, here are walking directions to the Stillman Ramada, where we will be setting up. Enter the park here:
    [​IMG]
    Go west toward the carousel:
    [​IMG]
    Turn left:
    [​IMG]
    Proceed south toward the gate:
    [​IMG]
    Go through the gate and across the track:
    [​IMG]
    There are a number of ramadas. Ours is the Stillman ramada. (Note: I did not reserve the ramada, so we may have to move if someone else does. Reservations are $150, but the girl in the office said she doesn't expect anyone to reserve it next weekend.)
    [​IMG]
    I'm gonna try and get there at least 15 minutes early (9:45 AM) so look for me here, in the shade:
    [​IMG]

See ya there!! and Bring your Camera!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Hey, If I leave at 0300, I can be there by 0900! Hmmm.... I might be able to make it! Are there any National Parks or those beautiful AZ senic areas around there?

3. Micah

Micah

May 8, 2005
    Hmmmm, my bad. I thought the meetup was July 31st...why I thought that I don't know. At any rate, I can't make the 30th. My boss seems to think that I need to work 18 days in a row and that's one of them.

Y'all have fun and I will catch you next time.

Mary

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Greg Phoenix looks like ... LA only we have desert instead of ocean. If you like desert, Phx is the place! By the way, it is scheduled to be 108 next Saturday.

Mary - Bummer. 18 days in a row! Wow - that is inhuman. If your boss can be swayed, let me know... I know some people. ;) It looks like there are quite a few of us in Arizona, and I think the possibility of a repeat occasion are highly likely.

5. JackG

JackG

May 31, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Chris,

Looking forward to seeing you on Sat.

Jack

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    You guys have lots of fun and take lots of pictures! Our group that got together a couple weeks ago in Huntsville, Alabama really had a nice time...hope you guys are as fortunate as we were. Maybe you'll luck out and the weather will not be quite as hot as it looks to be. Regardless, we expect to see lots of pictures posted afterwards!!!

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Jack - Same here!

Leigh - I'm hoping we get some pix. As you can see, the park is a very pretty place. What I didn't show was the many trains and cars on display there.

8. Hope you all have a great time. Our temp. here in St. George is about the same so I can relate. As they say "yes, but it's a dry heat."

9. JackG

JackG

May 31, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Chris,

How will we recognize you?...........Oh yeah, by your avitar............but which one?

Jack

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Gordon - I'm sure we will. I hope it doesn't rain tonight, so it really will be dry. Like a convection oven is dry!

Jack If Becky and the kids come along, I'll be the old guy hanging with a beautiful brunette and two little brown kids. Otherwise, I'll just be the sweaty old guy in the designated location.

Kim and Mike: Be There, K?

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    And Tim Fox too!

Be There!

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I have Kim, Jack, Mike and Tim on the attend list, while Mary, Ron and John from out of town have excused absences. Greg will be there if he starts driving early enough this morning. :)

Haven't heard from Steve B, Brsch, Carl S, Manzico, Larly or Saturnine, but you-all are certainly welcome to just show up!

I will bring a cooler with a sixer of diet pop and water (and maybe other stuff) - there is food and ICE CREAM available at the park. The ice cream is from an old fashioned icr cream parlor that is rail road decorated and is actually reasonably priced ($1.50 single scoop cones.)

A beer licence is also available for $5, but it's pretty early in the AM, so ... maybe.

Am I forgetting anything?

13. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    So I've got beverages taken care of. If y'all want food - bring it!

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    [​IMG]

Question for all: Is this announcement gaudy enough?

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Have a great time everyone...post some images so we can see what you all look like, too!

16. Chris, thanks for organizing the meeting and bringing refreshments. It was nice meeting you all. I'll organize the next one.