Scottsdale Meetup is NOW!!!! (map)

Real Name
Chris
todayblink.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

TODAY! is the Arizona Nikon Cafe get together!

Saturday July 30 10 AM
ScottsdaleMcCormick-Stillman Railroad Park
301 East Indian Bend Road, (at Scottsdale Road), Scottsdale, AZ

Here is a map of the area, and here is a map of the park:

rrmap.gif

Once you get to the parking lot, here are walking directions to the Stillman Ramada, where we will be setting up. Enter the park here:
rrpark1.jpg

Go west toward the carousel:
rrpark2.jpg

Turn left:
rrpark3.jpg

Proceed south toward the gate:
rrpark4.jpg

Go through the gate and across the track:
rrpark5.jpg

There are a number of ramadas. Ours is the Stillman ramada. (Note: I did not reserve the ramada, so we may have to move if someone else does. Reservations are $150, but the girl in the office said she doesn't expect anyone to reserve it next weekend.)
rrpark6.jpg

I'm gonna try and get there at least 15 minutes early (9:45 AM) so look for me here, in the shade:
rrpark7.jpg

See ya there!! and Bring your Camera!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

gho

Hey, If I leave at 0300, I can be there by 0900! Hmmm.... I might be able to make it! Are there any National Parks or those beautiful AZ senic areas around there?

Hmmmm, my bad. I thought the meetup was July 31st...why I thought that I don't know. At any rate, I can't make the 30th. My boss seems to think that I need to work 18 days in a row and that's one of them.

Y'all have fun and I will catch you next time.

Mary

Real Name
Chris
Greg Phoenix looks like ... LA only we have desert instead of ocean. If you like desert, Phx is the place! By the way, it is scheduled to be 108 next Saturday.

Mary - Bummer. 18 days in a row! Wow - that is inhuman. If your boss can be swayed, let me know... I know some people. ;) It looks like there are quite a few of us in Arizona, and I think the possibility of a repeat occasion are highly likely.

You guys have lots of fun and take lots of pictures! Our group that got together a couple weeks ago in Huntsville, Alabama really had a nice time...hope you guys are as fortunate as we were. Maybe you'll luck out and the weather will not be quite as hot as it looks to be. Regardless, we expect to see lots of pictures posted afterwards!!!

Real Name
Chris
Jack - Same here!

Leigh - I'm hoping we get some pix. As you can see, the park is a very pretty place. What I didn't show was the many trains and cars on display there.

Real Name
Chris
tomorrowblink.gif

Hope you all have a great time. Our temp. here in St. George is about the same so I can relate. As they say "yes, but it's a dry heat."

Real Name
Chris
Thanks Gordon - I'm sure we will. I hope it doesn't rain tonight, so it really will be dry. Like a convection oven is dry!

Jack If Becky and the kids come along, I'll be the old guy hanging with a beautiful brunette and two little brown kids. Otherwise, I'll just be the sweaty old guy in the designated location.

Kim and Mike: Be There, K?

Real Name
Chris
I have Kim, Jack, Mike and Tim on the attend list, while Mary, Ron and John from out of town have excused absences. Greg will be there if he starts driving early enough this morning. :)

Haven't heard from Steve B, Brsch, Carl S, Manzico, Larly or Saturnine, but you-all are certainly welcome to just show up!

I will bring a cooler with a sixer of diet pop and water (and maybe other stuff) - there is food and ICE CREAM available at the park. The ice cream is from an old fashioned icr cream parlor that is rail road decorated and is actually reasonably priced ($1.50 single scoop cones.)

A beer licence is also available for $5, but it's pretty early in the AM, so ... maybe.

Am I forgetting anything?

Real Name
Chris
todayblink.gif

Question for all: Is this announcement gaudy enough?

Latest threads

Top Bottom