Scottsdale vs Tempe

Real Name
Chris

losarcostent.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

fidelitynational.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

shot with a Mamiya 645 with 110 and 45mm f/2.8 Sekor C lenses. Shot on Portra 400 VC, self developed in Unicolor C-41 chemistry.

Love this shots Chris, it´s a photographic description on how many autist looks and experience the world an life around them; small frames and fragments that makes a whole picture, though most of them just see, interpreters the and cope with one frame and fragment at the time.

An incredible take on the subject. Kind of makes you realize how you look at things through a limited lens. Kind of want to try something similar with one of the buildings here, now that I see how well you pulled this off.

I like the direction you are going with this series of photos. Refreshing change from the normal. Don't know Scottsdale from Tempe. LOL

Samuel

Real Name
Chris
Thank you Bill, Steve, Fredrik, Marty and Samuel! These are a continuation (along with my Hoover Dame series) of a project that had its genesis in last year's Octoberfest meme. I hope to finish all of it that I'm working on, and exhibit at the beginning of summer. Right now, I'm having fits with printing these two like I want to see them.

Nice work Chris, I actually like the way the imgs don't quite line up

When I read the title I was expecting coverage of a court case between Mr Scottsdale and Mr Tempe! :smile:

Whoa! Seriously awesome stuff, Chris. I agree with Robert, the misalignment of the images is what draws the eye in more.

Real Name
Chris
Nice work Chris, I actually like the way the imgs don't quite line up

When I read the title I was expecting coverage of a court case between Mr Scottsdale and Mr Tempe! :smile:

Thanks Robert. The first picture is in Scottsdale, AZ - it's part of an ASU complex on the grounds of the old Los Arcos Mall. The second is an office building in Tempe, AZ, which is directly south of Scottsdale. If you google Tempe, the picture of the city's skyline features this building.

Whoa! Seriously awesome stuff, Chris. I agree with Robert, the misalignment of the images is what draws the eye in more.

Thanks Francis. It's difficult to judge how much misalignment to include, so I just shoot hand-held and let randomness decide. Not all of these work.

Wow! Me like.

I thought about you when I shot these Ed. They are the first photographs I've done with my 645 in years. Working within the confines of 15 exposures is challenging, yet the limitation helps to define the picture. Thanks!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom