Scrapped pictures

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mikefitz6, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Here are a few shots I am going to erase. There is no easy way to contact them or find out who they are. Some were practice shots to set up my camera for a cross country meet. I went to shoot a soccer team and they had canceled the game, kind of forgot to tell me, so since I was out there anyway, I figured I might as well practice.

This kid won the meet with a 15:17 time on a 5K. D300 f3.5 70-200VR.
    [​IMG]

ISO 1600 shot with the D300 (f3.5 70-200VR)- no noise reduction. NR low in camera. You can easily see the noise with pixel peeping, but at the size someone might print I did not think it was bad.
    [​IMG]

This one comes from a group that may sell. I offered to shoot these for a high school team. I donate some of the proceeds back to the team. $3.99 for a 4x6. The AD supported me, handed out cards, lots of announcements - no sales. According to one Dad, if he wants pictures of his kid, he'll take them himself. I asked him if he took any shots of his daughter - he said no. Such is life. (I know I'm whining, it felt so good to do that though :smile:)  Raining above, but the sun coming through the edge of the clouds.
    [​IMG]

Here are a couple of practice shots. D700 with a 70-200 VR. f2.8. Overcast day.
    [​IMG]

D300 with a 300 f2.8 and 1.4TC 420 at f4.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.