Screech Owl (Apology)

_TLP1169-copy-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1/400, f/5.6, ISO 1600, 47mm

_TLP0985_copy-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1/160, f/9, ISO1600, 400mm 5.6L

I would like to apologize to everyone on the forum for the actions of a few members regarding my last post. This forum is for the education and constructive critique of photography and not for grand assumptions and personnel attacks. I had originally thought of no longer posting on the forum, but have decided the actions of a few should not dictate what I do. I understand that people may never agree and have garnered a great deal of information from those who have taken the time to address my posts with helpful critiques. I will continue to push myself to think outside the box and produce images of lasting beauty that have in no way put natures wonderful creatures in harms way.

I am off to South East Asia tomorrow to meet with the Canon folks to pick up my new body and 600mm lens. It will mark the beginning of the next chapter of my photography journey. 3.5 years, Nikon has a special place in my heart. :) Again I do apologize to the forum.

Troy, really like the look of the second one! The first one just doesn't do it for me ... there isn't enough separation between the owl and the bg.

Troy, really like the look of the second one! The first one just doesn't do it for me ... there isn't enough separation between the owl and the bg.

I agree. I am trying to learn the new style of shooting, going wide...
Hope you are getting lots of images before your move:biggrin:

You should be apologizing for this Canon thing, sheesh, what's a guy to think ..... :wink::wink::tongue:

I really like #2, very "pastel".

Have a good trip, and if you do stop posting, we are sending the you-know-who's to bring your lazy butt back here ........

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Have a great trip!

Glad you will continue to participate here. Your contributions enhance the forum!

The Cafe has a user blocking feature.
I don't normally block people but there are times when it just makes it easy to filter through the bs.

Hope to see more of your images, Troy.

Real Name
Randy
#2 has nice eyes and BG but it is not your usual IQ, i think it's a dof thing, his head is nice but his body is bokeh

not sure why you posted #1

Very nice Troy. I really like #2. Not so much number 1. Good luck in your move.

Thanks James. Of course if Nikon ever want to sponsor me, I could always switch back too :)

Have a great trip!

Glad you will continue to participate here. Your contributions enhance the forum!

Karen, thank you for your words and support.

The Cafe has a user blocking feature.
I don't normally block people but there are times when it just makes it easy to filter through the bs.

Hope to see more of your images, Troy.

Thanks for the info, Don. No need to block them on that level, my brain already did that a long time ago. You just have to choose whose advise you like to follow. Thank you.

The second shot is excellent, Troy. Have a safe trip and hope the new gear meets your expectations.

Thank you. Not the first one too? Just kidding, :) I'm trying to learn another style of photography, going wider and darker. I'm nowhere close for sure. Check out Vincent Munier, another superb Nikon shooter. The one who shot with D3s long before it was announce.

No matter how you shoot it or what with, I always will enjoy your photos to the fullest. :biggrin:

Thank you :)

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom