screen thingy ghost?

B

Bill N

Started my computer today and below screen thingy keeps popping up. Some times it looks like below, other times it has the international circle with line running diag. threw the moon deal.
I tried to find out what it was by watching task manager running but that didn't help locate it.
Ran msconfig but didn't see anything in start up that it might be.
I'm at a loss, when it is up on my screen my keyboard is very slow to respond. It is always located at the bottom right on my screen. Right/left clicking on it does nothing.
Is is a ghost??? Thanks for any help, it is driving me crazy!!
(Lenovo Z565 ideapad running W7 pretty much stock config)

screenthing.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

B

Bill N

Beats me, Russ. I don't have any modes set to let it use sleep mode. All power options are set to do nothing except for dedicated power button.

B

Bill N

Good one, Dave. Well, computer did change on its own. I opened time program and couldn't see anything there that might be letting me know.
Thanks!

B

Bill N

Thanks Nick! I did a little checking and put my pc to sleep and then woke it up but still getting the little moon thingy popping on and off every now and then. Still looking...

B

Bill N

Thanks Dave! Nope, I it does nothing if I right click or left click. It just pops on and off all on its own. When on it seems to really slow down my keyboard when typing. I can get 5-6 words out. When it goes away keyboard works as normal.
Bill

B

Bill N

Call Lenovo---maybe they have outsourced their help desk--to the US!

No way!!
My New Year resolution is- If something breaks I check a couple of boards that I belong to. If that doesn't work, after fiddling around with it a bit, I THROW IT AWAY! You wouldn't believe how few head aches I get now.:biggrin:

UPDATE- There is some included program called "OneKey Theatre" under Lenovo in Start Menu. I clicked the "Exit OneKey Theater" and the little moon dude went away.

I then removed it from my start menu in msconfig and all seems to be back to normal. Thanks to one and all for your suggestions. I didn't want to throw this laptop out just yet.:eek:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom