1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Screw on my Gitzo GT1530 is coming loose!

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by lsquare, Aug 10, 2009.

1. lsquare

lsquare

Feb 14, 2009
    Sumas
    So I'm currently travelling in Asia right now and I was a bit shocked to find out that one of the legs on my Gitzo tripod was a bit flimspy (is that even a word?). I notice that the screws holding that leg was coming loose, but I don't have the right screwdriver to screw it back in tightly. As a result, there is completely no resistance on the third leg. While it's not a big problem per se, it does **** me off when the third leg just collapses into my fingers and it does hurt! Does anyone know of a way to tighten the screws on the leg? I can't seem to find the right screwdriver anywhere to do the job. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    It's a Torx driver, not sure what size but Gitzo includes two with every tripod, at least the ones I've purchased. You should be able to pick them up at the local equivalent of a hardware or auto-parts store.

HTH,
    Bill

3. find a garage that services foreign cars. audis, and fords especially, as they use torx extensively. or you can replace it with a generic bolt in the meantime.

4. That is normal for Gitzos to come loose over time. Like they said, find a torx bit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.