SE Utah and N. Arizona

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by arthury, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Hi y'all,

I just got back 2 days ago. It was nice to look at the Horseshoe Bend myself after seeing so many images from others. Kinda of scary at the edge, looking from a height that's equivalent to the Chrysler Building without any railings & with the strong winds blowing. Some of us decided to get down on our bellies and crawl to the edge. You can see some of images in Photo.Net. If you see any white dots on the water, they are tour boats.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=555526

Lake Powell Dam is also quite nice but the Feds are still very gittery and there was a line, like airports, for scanning and body search.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5822989&size=lg

453404424_b5d04564ef_o.

And, "blooming" catepillars all over the bushes at Horseshoe Bend ... major Spring time activities ...

451353642_aabde2488e_o.

2. Thank you for sharing Aurthur. The pictures look great.

God Bless,
    David

3. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I'll be in southern Utah next week, going to Arches NP and I can't wait. Just trying to decide what photo equipment to take now.

4. Arches is one of my favorites. The visitors center is state-of-the-art.

Wide-angle zoom (like the 12-14mmDX) would be most useful. If not, 17-55DX or 17-35mm would do. Bring tripod and circular-polarizer, of course.

And, bring lots of charisma or threats to get rid of tourists. :) The last time I was there shooting the North Window, I've got only 5 mins of prime light and an idiot said he was examing the textures of its wall right in front of it.

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    You will love it. I've been there three times and loved every minute of each trip. Be sure and stop in to Tom Till's gallery in Moab. His nature photos are what got me interested in photography.

http://www.tomtill.com/

You will definitely need your wide and 17-35mm lenses to capture all those vistas. If I was going, I would take my 70-200 as well. Have a great time!

6. Great images, Arthur. The first one seems to be tilting a little to the right to my eyes.

Very nice to see no haze in that shot. :smile:

Wow, just took at look at the first set - beautiful!!! That Butte in the Evening shot is superb.

7. Beautiful, Arthur!

Your gallery is especially nice. I've had a couple trips to northern Utah, and the beauty there is just breathtaking.

We are contemplating a family trip to Utah this summer and you images certainly help to show us what we might expect to se.

Thanks for sharing.

8. Joe,

Just to make sure my images did not lead you astray, these SW images are all shot in in the Southern Utah (SE, SW Utah); I do not believe any were shot in northern Utah.

Obviously, Monument Valley is a land by itself --- it's tribal land.

9. Thanks, Arthur.

I realize that your images are from southern Utah, and I was probably a bit too brief on my note the other night. Southern Utah is a possible destination. The American west is a marvelous place and you have presented quite an array of spectacular images in your gallery.

10. Arthur,

Very nice indeed! I love Arizona and Utah. Want to move to Prescott Valley for all the action!

Thanks for sharing!