Seabeck #2, Eagles in Flight

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Here are a few of the flight shots that I liked, hope you do as well.

Whose spot is this?:
    DSC8301s.sized.

One of the real problems with these birds is the darned white heads and tails. Yesterday we had "spurts" of the sun peaking through the clouds which didn't help either, and often it is a trade-off and you live with a bit of a "blow-out". One really nice thing about Seabeck is that the birds are often at eye-level or below, which makes it very nice.

Just Cruisin':
    DSC8320s.sized.

The next 2 are a sequence that I enjoyed:

Two Together:
    DSC8373s.sized.

The Amazing 4-Winged Bald Eagle of Seabeck:
    DSC8374s.sized.

Then there are the times when they soar, this one is almost full-frame, we had a couple of very nice soaring fly-by's.

Soaring:
    DSC8573s.sized.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Bill all I can say is

WOW

What angles too..

Good job

3. I am so jealous of everyone who gets to see these guys in the wild..Great shots, thnxs for sharing.

4. Thanks, folks, we are lucky with the Bald Eagles here in Washington, but I think that everywhere has "something special". I know that I don't find Osprey's and Egrets here the way they do in FL, and just look at the birds that Janet finds. I think that looking close to home can quite often surprise us pleasantly.

Gale, we were really lucky with the way these two eagles circled and came at us. Or maybe it WAS just superb placement on my part :wink: .

Thanks much.