Seabeck eagles, lots of eagles warning

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Jun 25, 2007.

1. As Bill has already posted some killer shots from last Wednesday, I figured I would put up a few of mine. These birds are so hard to shoot well, at least for me. It was a beautiful day but that made for some tuff shooting conditions, hard to hold the whites and keep any detail in the shadows. If we could only get all the action to happen either early in the morning or late in the evening. Most of it was around 2:00 pm which made for horrible light. Oh well, I won't complain to much. It was a fun day and much better than working.

Eagle leaping from tree in early morning light.
    original.

Eagle coming in for landing, flaps down
    View attachment 102676

Eagle with fish on oyster bed. The eagles come out during low tide and get fish from the shallow water.
    View attachment 102677

Here is a snatch and grab. The face is a little too dark but I will still take it as it shows the grab and water splash.

View attachment 102678

Here are a couple eagles playing
    View attachment 102679

Here is a nice fly bye
    View attachment 102680

View attachment 102681

One eagle pose up close
    View attachment 102682

2. Jim, these are incredible shots, it would be hard for me to come up with a favorite. You did an excellent job with these. Looks like you guys really had fun that day, wished I could have come along.

On second thought, the second shot is a killer.
    Louie

3. Incredible series, Jim. These are all so nicely composed and exposed.

2 and 6 are my hands down favorites!

Well done.

4. WOW! :eek: I'm alway in awe of every photo I see of these big beauties! Wonderful captures - all of em!

5. Gee, Jim, them birds look quite familiar!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

What a day, eh? My "redface" is pretty well gone, finally.

Too bad that Louis and Morrie didn't show up, I think there was room for them to shoot, and an extra Eagle or two to go around :wink:

Love 'em, the whole bunch, for sure.

6. jimmyc1000

jimmyc1000

Jun 14, 2006
    Very nice shots. I especially like 2, 6, 7, and 8. What shutter speed and f/stop combination were you using for the BIF shots?

7. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    My gawd these make me wanna fly to Washington right now. I am a Huskies fan after all. Simply stunning Jim! The sharpness, detail and colors are superb.

I am a Bama fan first but I follow the Huskies too. I have been a fan since Sonny Sixkiller was the QB. Remember him?

8. Incredible sereis Jim! And I thought we had it good down here in Florida with Eagles.

9. Thanks Louie. It was a great day and a much needed day off for me. I only wish you had been able to make it as well. More eagles than either Bill or I could handle alone. There were so many times multiple eagles were in the air we did not know which ones to follow.

Thanks so much. I am sure trying but these guys are very hard for me to shoot well.

Thanks Diane. After seeing all you beautiful shots you have captured lately I don't feel too sorry for you.:smile::smile:

Boy Bill, I sure know what you mean. My face was pretty red and hot for several days after. It was so much fun and I hope we can have another chance before the season is over.

Thanks Jimmy. This link will take you to my Pbase Seabeck gallery. There you can see all the exif information. The link is http://www.pbase.com/jimsthiel/seabeck_eagles

Thanks Glacier. Yes indeed I do remember him, he is even doing commercials on local tv here now. Those were fun days. It is hard to be a fan of late but I hope they turn the program around soon. Seabeck is a great place for eagle activity right now. We are lucky to have them relatively close.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I would take those any day and be proud..
    Lovely shots Jim

Glad you guys are having nice weather and good shootin

Wish I was there

11. Fantastic series Jim. You guys really nailed these shots.

12. Outstanding Set of shots Jim

I like 2 & 8 but wish any of them were mine.

13. Well, James, what else can be said - you got the eagles, I got the hawk? :cool::eek::biggrin:

14. Yep, too bad you had poor light conditions. :)

15. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Great images.

16. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful set Jim. :smile:

17. bfjr

bfjr Guest