Seascape with Photographer

Real Name
Chris
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photographer James Legg photographing the surf at Ocean Beach, California. Taken with a 50mm Zuiko with a yellow filter on HIE, and developed in stock D76 for 8 and one half minutes.

Real Name
Chris
By the way, this guy, James, picked up on coffee developer in a big way. He found that addition of a small amount of vitamin c to the brew eliminates the staining and shortens the development time considerably. I haven't tried that yet, because it also slows the film speed.

Just fyi.

chris this is an awesome shot, full of energy and the photographer seems to literally glow on top of the background. i love the tonality of infrared film, i have to try it sometimes myself!!

I love contact sheets.

I have been thinking I want to start scanning one from every roll I develop. And in order. Worst problem being that I use those six wide archive sheets, and that won't fit on my scanner.

Real Name
Chris
I used to do them on photo paper, so I had to keep the area within 8x10. Now that same size fits my scanner perfectly. Unfortunately I only get 35 frames in a sheet, so there is always at least one (more likely 2) frames orphaned. I keep a sheet just for them. Like your 'test strip' frames, they are often unique.

Of course the F5 has the option of stopping at 35 or 36 frames, but I like to wring every last bit of film out of a roll.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom