Seascape with Photographer

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Chris101, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    [​IMG]
    Photographer James Legg photographing the surf at Ocean Beach, California. Taken with a 50mm Zuiko with a yellow filter on HIE, and developed in stock D76 for 8 and one half minutes.

2. Chris, I like the composition on this one.

3. Great shot Chris. I really like this one.

4. Definitely caught my eye.

How did you figure the exposure?

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Ray, Anthony and Ed. I used the often-wrong, center-weighted meter in the OM1, and it was probably 1/250 @ f/8. Or thereabouts.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    By the way, this guy, James, picked up on coffee developer in a big way. He found that addition of a small amount of vitamin c to the brew eliminates the staining and shortens the development time considerably. I haven't tried that yet, because it also slows the film speed.

Just fyi.

7. chris this is an awesome shot, full of energy and the photographer seems to literally glow on top of the background. i love the tonality of infrared film, i have to try it sometimes myself!!

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Malf! HIE is expensive and less than half the exposures come out, but it's my favorite film nevertheless.

Here is the contact sheet..

9. I love contact sheets.

I have been thinking I want to start scanning one from every roll I develop. And in order. Worst problem being that I use those six wide archive sheets, and that won't fit on my scanner.

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I used to do them on photo paper, so I had to keep the area within 8x10. Now that same size fits my scanner perfectly. Unfortunately I only get 35 frames in a sheet, so there is always at least one (more likely 2) frames orphaned. I keep a sheet just for them. Like your 'test strip' frames, they are often unique.

Of course the F5 has the option of stopping at 35 or 36 frames, but I like to wring every last bit of film out of a roll.

11. Exceptional work Chris............ I hope you are paying the correct modelling fees! :biggrin:

G

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Graeme! James is a fellow student, and we both ended up in San Diego last weekend serendipitously. I got his lunch at the Prado, so I think the answer is yes!

13. JoeG

JoeG

Nov 2, 2006
    Tyrol, Austria
    wonderful photo. I wonder what caught his attention!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.