Seascapes from Portugal

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Rui Lopes, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Where is that? By Oporto? Or further South?

2. The first two at Peniche, 80 miles north from Lisbon. Third and fourth 15 miles south from Oporto and the last one here in Oporto.

3. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Beautiful. Is that more tile work in the next to last one?

4. What a lovely place to live.
    Nice shots:wink:

5. Donniec

Donniec

Jan 6, 2007
    Harvest, Alabama
    Donnie Claxton
    I like all of them, especially #1.

6. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Very nice series of images. Wish I were there :)

Regards

RFC

7. kilm53

kilm53 Guest

Very nice images(Seascapes)..did you use a filter on these photos?.

8. Beautiful series! Thanks for sharing.

9. This is a terrific series - shows your country very well! Interesting rock formations.

10. Thanks for the kind comments.

Peter: No, I didn't use any polarizer here.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very very beautiful

12. Interesting rock formations, looks like a beautiful area. Worth a visit I think.
    :smile:

13. kilm53

kilm53 Guest

Oki I was just wondering as I got a lee filter, ND grad 0-6 a few weeks back and I was trying some seascapes as well and I thought they might help with the horizon/sky where they meet..I am going to the coast soon this week or next and will post you a couple shots here with the ND Grad on..

14. Peter,
    Sometimes I find polarizers very useful to shoot seascapes, specially to boost colours and emphasize clouds. Here an example taken in Brasil:

however, I am not so sure of the benefits of a ND to achieve the same results. I see graduated ND more suitable to dark overcasted white skies keeping the ground subjects with the original taken exposure. I got great results from a B&W graduated ND in some pics I took in Poland last winter, when the sky was tipically snow sky:
    View attachment 99806

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

15. kilm53

kilm53 Guest

Thanks for the explanation and more nice photos..I am still learning with the ND filters I got..
    Peter