Seascapes from Portugal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The first two at Peniche, 80 miles north from Lisbon. Third and fourth 15 miles south from Oporto and the last one here in Oporto.

K

kilm53

Very nice images(Seascapes)..did you use a filter on these photos?.

K

kilm53

Thanks for the kind comments.

Peter: No, I didn't use any polarizer here.
Oki I was just wondering as I got a lee filter, ND grad 0-6 a few weeks back and I was trying some seascapes as well and I thought they might help with the horizon/sky where they meet..I am going to the coast soon this week or next and will post you a couple shots here with the ND Grad on..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Peter,
Sometimes I find polarizers very useful to shoot seascapes, specially to boost colours and emphasize clouds. Here an example taken in Brasil:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

however, I am not so sure of the benefits of a ND to achieve the same results. I see graduated ND more suitable to dark overcasted white skies keeping the ground subjects with the original taken exposure. I got great results from a B&W graduated ND in some pics I took in Poland last winter, when the sky was tipically snow sky:
View attachment 99806

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

K

kilm53

Thanks for the explanation and more nice photos..I am still learning with the ND filters I got..
Peter

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom